No cycle 3 months post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I had my abdominal myomectomy on Jan. 27. I had very light bleeding after surgery. February im guessing it was my cycle but i wore a pantyliner for 2-3 days and nothing in March or this month. Anyone had anything similiar? Whats going on???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had the same problem. I had my open Myomectomy in August of 2020. Very light bleeding post op, quick recovery etc. but I haven't had a period since the surgery, going on 9 months now. I've been working with my doctor to figure this out. They thought I might have scar tissue build up with cervical stenosis so I had a hysteroscopy to remove the scar tissue, then a course of estrogen and progesterone to get things going again but still no period. ( its been about 3 months since the hysteroscopy)

I am starting to get concerned as I would like to have children and I'm only 30 years old. The absence of a period doesn't seem good.

If anyone else experienced this and has since re-gained their period or had children after this type of problem, I'd certainly love to hear from you.

• Posted

My open myomectomy was on Feb 3, 2021, period started a day after surgery which was very light for the most part. My period in March was a little late but was only spotting. i have now missed my period in April.

• Posted

Hello,

Just wanted to write to let people know my doctors have figured out why I havent had a period for a full year after my open myomectomy. I was still getting all the period symptoms without any bleeding. It seems I have cervical stenosis, where the cervix narrows or gets completely blocked, in my case by scar tissue. I had a hysteroscopy to correct this but the scar tissue and stenosis came back. They think they can put a stent in to stop the scar tissue from sealing my cervix again but I may need regular dialations to keep it open. Not ideal but its nice to know why i lost my period after surgery and also nice to know that its still possible to have children, even if its a bit more difficult.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.