No diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have for the past 4 years had a dull ache pain in my right side, around my hip. It gets worse around ovulation and before my period. Some days is hardly there some days it's a stabbing pain. Some days like this past week it's strong like a period pain.

I've had ovary scans and nothing obvious.

I am due to start IVF so the dr won't do a laparoscopy yet.

I don't have any other symptoms just this constant nagging pain. Is this anything anyone relates with?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can totally relate to this pain. I have not been officially diagnosed with endometriosis but one gynecologist said I had classic symptoms of that and adenmyosis. I have a very large fibroid filled retroflexed uterus. I have been having that lower right pain for 2 years off and on. I had 5 months of no pain then last month it came back and it's still here. Pain in lower abdomen, pain by ovary area and hip area and also groin and inner leg pain. It's not fun. I hope you feel better soon. Yes mine gets worse during ovulation and period as well.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi I have similar however my pain at ovulation and around my period is horrific, to the point it can wake me up if I turn over. I have also started to bleed from my back before my period. I've been to see numerous doctors who really made me feel like it was in my head like I was a drama queen however, I stood my ground and because of my job went through Bupa I've just been diagnosed with an endometrial sack on my abdominal wall and it has also penetrated my bowels for which I need an operation. The reason I ignored my docs was because I too am going through IVF and I really started to worry that if I started the drugs the over stimulation would put me in hospital. The MRI through Bupa showed that I don't have it at all attached to any part of my womb or ovaries so it was never picked up in any of my IVF checks. I went with my gut and was right so don't back down intuition goes along way. Xxxx
  • Posted

Julie, whatever you do, please ! follow this advice. Do NOT do your IVF before a lap. The reason is, no matter what fertility Dr.s say, endo is the enemy of Pregnancy. I have been through this exact thing myself. I asked my Dr if I should do a surgery beforemy IVF. He said no, something about" upsetting the environment." Okaaay. But because I didnt treat the endo 1st, ended up with only 1 viable egg. And I do not trust its healthy because I dont trust the clinic. 20$k down the toilet.

If you do your research on Endo, you'll find that it stops the events leading to pregnancy -every single one. I have read and heard about multiple miscarriages because clinics dont want to edicate women, they want $. The woman will get multiple IVFs or whatever and not understand its the Endo! Please, I'm not trying to break your heart, I dont want anyone to go thru what I did. Its worth waikng until after all the endo has been cleaned up amd you can start your IVF with a clean slate! Please dont hesitate to update me on how it goes and good luck smile

• Posted

So I have been to the Drs again. No further really. She is sending me to a Gastro clinic.

When I go to my IVF clinic I will bring it up with them again. I'm on the NHS so it's kinda grab it while you can in regards to treatment.

Very frustrating it's been 4 years since I first brought it up at the Drs. One Dr even said to me that I have had it so long and I'm still alive do it can't be anything serious!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.