No difference ...yet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks

Its Just over one week on 20 mg

After the the first week on 10 mg

Haven't noticed any difference except slightly dry mouth

and the fact I'm probably more anxious !.

Phoning my gp back early next week.

Will three 3 weeks on the medication then.

Cheers Gary

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone know if it's ok to drink lemon balm tea whilst taking citalopram? Also will wearing an anti anxiety bracelet effect it? 

• Posted

Give it time, it can take up to 6 weeks for it to work and for the side effects to wear off. The side effects may get worse before they get better but drive on through. Good luck. Mark
    • Posted

Thanks mate

No coping very well at work

• Posted

Had the worsened anxiety before when I went on citalopram

So I kind of knew what to expect

• Posted

Hi, I’m in exactly the same boat as you and trying to find a solution fast because all I’m getting told is it takes different amount of times for people which I completely understand but all is getting too much now and getting fed up. 

Doesn’t help with what I’m going through that I’m quite alone either, I just want this sorted now.

• Posted

Hi sam

I popped in to boots on the way to work this morning and asked the pharmacist about citalopram he said about 3-4 weeks , im just over two weeks

But strangely enough tonight

I started gettimg tingling pins and needles on my hands and face

And thats what happened some 6 years ago when I first went on the medication im guessing there are beginning to get in to my system now?

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.