No doctor can figure out why I keep throwing up

Posted , 5 users are following.

For about 5 months now, I have been throwing up what I eat. If I stick to neutral foods (bread, toast. apple sauce, etc.) I can keep things down. But every time I try to eat semi-normal foods my stomach becomes very irritated and hurts below my belly button. I either throw up the food or make myself throw up because I know I feel better once I do.

I have had bloodwork, an x-ray, colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach biospies, tests for gluten, and chiropractic work done. All tests have come back negative for ulcers, stomach infections, inflamation, etc. No one seems to be able to figure out why I am having these issues.

I am currently taking medicine for acid reflux but it doesn't really help. Please! Has anyone had anything similar? What was your solution?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i feel like throwing up but don't. It gets me dizzy as well. I have been trying all sorts of meds. My nasal drip is causing the acid as well.

• Posted

Maybe you could try a CT scan with contrast or MRI to have a more specific look.

• Posted

Have you had a stomach emptying test to look for gastroparesis? I wouldn't bother with chiropractors; they can make things worse. You need to keep seeing gastroenterologists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.