No doubt, this has been asked 1,000 times…

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have Anxiety...I take meds...

I am scared that there is something awful wrong with me.  I have a “lump” sensation in my throat, along with CONSTANT burping.  To the point where it is very annoying. I had an upper endoscopy done and was put on medication for GERD in September 2017.  Things got better for a while, but now I am at my wits end, and am very afraid that I have some sort of cancer.  I do not understand why this is happening. They have scheduled a “barium swallow” for me next week.  Anyone else experience this?  Any words to help me feel less stressed and ease my mind? Anything is appreciated as I am very afraid. God Bless.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't be, symptoms appear to be reflux, maybe silent reflux. Do you have heartburn?  Are you taking anxiety medication because of this?  I know how it feels at the beginning, but you need to relax, eat healthy and completely take out of your head is cancer.  God Bless!

• Posted

Thank you very much.  

I do not have heartburn, just a constant burping sensation. It is very annoying and stresses me out. I am on anxiety medication, but not because of this.  I have had anxiety for most of my life.  

I plan on trying some lifestyle changes in hopes that will help.

​Again, I appreciate the response. 

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Burping is one of the most prominent symptoms of reflux, we all have it so don't worry too much about that, so is the globus feeling, if all was well with your endoscopy last year, this is very good news, but as you are clearly very worried why not ask for another one, I had one in 2016 and am also very worried about all the daily horrendous symptoms I have but my GP keeps putting me off, are you on ppi

• Posted

They are requesting that I have a barium swallow done next week.  I am currently on 80 MG of famotidine and 80 MG of omeprazole. They just bumped me up though.  I was only on 40 MG, up till a few days ago. 

Thank you for your response. 

• Posted

That is a very high dose. please make sure they lower the dose once they know what is going on but don't take to long. Right now eating healthy will do you better. I guess you already everything else so good health to you. ;-) 

• Posted

can eating a lot of bread give you a burning throat sensation and acid reflux
  • Posted

I’m the same as you Kelly ... constant burping and the lump in my throat that just won’t shift I’m on 40mg lansoprazole.... I’m scheduled for my first endoscopy next week and I’m petrified

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.