No Feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

How many people on here have no feeling in their mouths?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You mean taste?
    • Posted

Hi, No - I recently had two roots taken out of my mouth - where the teeth had rotted. The dentist when he pulled them out said "I bet that feels better - no pain now?"

I said "i'm in pain now because of the way you pulled them out, I didn't have pain before" and they had been like that for years.

• Posted

I am assuming you do have some feeling in your mouth. I mean you can feel food in your mouth right? You just didn't feel the pain from the rotted teeth that he pulled from your mouth. That is what I'm understanding you to say. Am I right?

Assuming I am, how long ago did he pull the teeth? Did the pain from having them pulled go away and then come back? Or did it not ever go away at all? Where are you in the process?

• Posted

OK. So I have 2 gold crowns in the mouth; one of them the tooth underneath is rotting slightly - the dentist drilled and filled (no anesthetic - no requirement - no feeling).

I know there is food in my mouth because I put it there; I can taste it but not feel it.

The 2 roots were pulled about 4 months ago - no pain prior - 9 days of pain after and then back to normal.

• Posted

Well you've got me stumped I've have never heard of anyone not having feeling in their mouth. Especially not being able to feel food yet being able to feel the pain of a tooth after it was pulled. Although that would be root and jaw pain not mouth pain. Did you ask the dentist about this? If you get an answer I would love to know what you find out. I'm really sorry I couldn't help you. However I think it's cool that you have gold teeth.

• Posted

I've been asking various dentists over the years why I feel no pain - none have a definitive answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.