No feelings 2 months after quitting mirtazapine, getting worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I've been on mirtazapine for 7 years (30mg) and I've recently completed a 1 and a half year long taper with the last dose being as low as 1mg.

However I still feel like I did when I was on the medication. I've still got this numb feeling inside, I'm not in touch with any emotions, almost like I'm at distance to whatever goes on in my life.

It's been 2 months now and I'm starting to worry my feelings will never return to normal.

I might add that I was on accutane on and off during 6-8 months while taking mirt (low dosage).

Is this normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I just want you to know that my bf is experiencing the same thing. He was on 15 mg or mirt for 7 months, and has now been off for 3 months. He says he still feels numb, but at least he's no longer rude and short tempered like he was when he was on it. Ive seen positive changes over time - he's laughing and joking more now. The problem is that he says part of the numbness has killed his romantic/physical affectionate/libido side. He said he doesn't feel capable of romantic love - that our dreams of marriage and a family with me no longer sound enticing. We've decided its best that he move out and that we give ourselves some time apart. its absolutely heartbreaking as we were so happy before he started taking this med and the change happened overnight. It's like he's a shell of his former self. I'm praying that things get better in time but i wanted you to know that you're not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.