No feelings/ emotions

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 20 mg of Prozac for about five months, about two weeks ago I noticed that I started caring less about issues that would normally bother me.

Background info....

I was very very depressed for a long time, though right this minute I don't remember feeling that way and I'm just going by memories. Apparently I was very depressed, I never left the house, I don't work. I have kids , all I did was take care of them. I am single after a very bad break up from a cheating husband of over 20 years.

So this is what's going on right now, I feel NOTHING at all. I don't feel sad ,I don't feel happy, I have no worries, like I said I feel absolutely nothing. This is very unusual for me. I even told somebody that I have been involved with often on for you that I didn't want to see them anymore and I'm pretty sure I would've been devastated over this but as of right now I don't care.

My question is, do you think this could be a side effect from my Prozac. I had bid on it over 20 years ago and this did not happen, and the reason why I went off was due to very bad night sweats and I had met started dating and was very happy with my now ex-husband and I didn't need it anymore.

How long is it going to take the price acted get out of my system. And if this is what's causing it when should I expect a crash and or feel anything as far as my feelings go.

I have not contacted my doctor about this, actually don't see why I should.

I stopped taking my medication 6 days ago.

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know how to edit my post,

Was supposed to say that I stopped seeing someone that I have been involved with off and on for almost 3 years ( off when I would catch him lying to me )

• Posted

Anyone here?

I run on auto pilot. Could I have been suppressing my feelings for the last few months and now my brain just decided to switch off? I noticed that it started after I had spent the night with (the person I have been in love with for over 2 years ) the next day when I didn't hear from him and he didn't answer my calls over the holidays but swears he spent Christmas and New Years alone at his house.

Also one of children were really running me down and being very very mean to me.

• Posted

Hello? How do I get someone... anyone to reply back to me? I'm reaching out for help.....

• Posted

Hi Pammy,  not sure if I'm much help as I'm only 10 weeks in but I get that feeling of no emotion sometimes where I just don't feel anything and just don't care!  I think it could be a side effect as I'm not normally like this!  You said you had stopped the meds but it might be worth just going to the doctor for advice as he may be able to recommend something else! Xxxx

• Posted

How long does your " no emotion " phrase last. When you are going threw this, what emotions do you not feel?

• Posted

It's like I don't feel anything really!  It comes and goes with me!  I'm sure it will pass for you too xxx

• Posted

Hi

I think its a side effect i feelt that way after being on prozac for 2 and half week i became careless and fearless sohow i like it i stopped prozac not cuz oc that cuz it did not help with my headache now im trying effexor

My addvice to you just stay on it if it help with depression cuz i think if u stop depression will came back

I hope u get better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.