No going back to work for me atm

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all hope you are all well 

Went to see my consultant today and asked him about my return to work. Although he is happy with my X-rays etc he told me to take the maximum 3 months off work and obviously I’m going to take his advice 😂 So, I shall be having an extra 3 weeks off from the 9th April. Happy days 😊

He’s discharged me but still will be attending physio for the next 4 weeks so as I have this extra time off I shall really concentrate on my recovery so i am able to get back to work in good shape. 

I hope you’ve had a great day 😊

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

As my brother said to me recently, stop worrying, take doc's advice and ensure you make a full recovery and ENJOY the break. 

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

The longer the better. I was fortunate to be able to take 6 months off work.
  • Posted

Thanks guys. It’s kind of took the decision out of my hands and I feel bit relieved 😊 

Hope you both well 

• Posted

That is exactly what I am doing, My next month is focusing my healing . Don’t feel guilty as this surgery was the most intense surgery for me and I am sure you agree

Happy Healing!!!

• Posted

Hi Barb

Yeah no guilt here. It’s gotta be done. 

Good luck with your recovery 😊

• Posted

You must not live in the US. MY doctor said 12 weeks but insurance is only giving me 5 1/2 weeks. I have no idea how I’ll be able to work in my condition. Oh for universal healthcare. 
  • Posted

I live in the US and my short term disability will pay up to 12 weeks.

I never could have gone back that soon. Sending healing thoughts 

• Posted

Hi. I’m in the UK. I’m not sure if it’s standard 12 weeks here or just varies from surgeon to surgeon. 

I’m lucky to get company sick pay but not everyone does get that. It’s sometimes SSP which is a set amount, but less than pay of the work place. 

😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.