No GP appointments

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just a general rant.  Now on day 4 of latest episode - called for appointment with GP but nothing available this week - have to call back tomorrow to see if any available next  week but dont call too early thats just for emergencies and not too late or all apointments gone.  Feel really rough - dizzy a bit breathless and really really anxious my episodes dont usually last this long - dont think I can blame the MSG for this one!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sylvester13, in the USA I would tell you to go to the emergency room at the closest hospital, they can help right now. But I have no idea how the medical systems works over there, but really, get yourself to the hospital ASAP
  • Posted

Agree with Mike particularly if you're not taking Warfarin or equivalent.
    • Posted

Thanks to both for quick reply.  Keep hoping its settling down - hate to bother A&E always think they are for real emergencies - no not on warfarin just bisoloprol.
    • Posted

Your putting you life at risk by not seeing a doctor right now. Your not taking a blood thinner which puts you at a greater risk of having a stroke or worse. Go see a doctor today, do not put this off, your risking your life. Good luck to youneutral
    • Posted

Dont be a hero! you are in danger-clots could form and you could have a stroke! Get to A&E!
  • Posted

Sylvester, do go to A&E now. Possibly even phone 999. A&E will be able to give you all the checks and tests you need for your symptoms. Don't tell yourself your symptoms aren't important. They could be and you need to get attention as soon as possible
  • Posted

You tried to convert it ice cold water best a big bowl and filled with ice water and ice and dip yiu wrist into it or put your hands into it till they are very cold and pit your hands onto the side of your chest so it's a big shock if they don't work goto A&E don't leave it much longer
    • Posted

Thank you all for your concern, Steve this is definitely worth a try - glad to say it settled as quickly as it started must have been the thought of white coats!  Seriously I am seeing my GP as soon as I can get appointment and if it happens again will go straight to A&E think I need a bit more investigation.  Once more thank you your support is just what I needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.