No hearing in left ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone,

I was diagnosed in July last year and after treatment with silver nitrate which did not correct any of my issues concerning labrynthitis.  I am deaf in the left ear with the constant loud noise of a radio on the wrong channel or like I am stuck in a wind tunnel.

my balance stabilized after about 2 months so I am able to drive and take care of daily living which makes me be thankful that I am

not completely deaf.

i must keep myself in very good health to prevent getting a cold or flu as the face pressure creates my right ear to plug up and that has happened a few times now and leaves me in a very dark depressive state of mind not having the ability too hear at all. 

I am am trying to come too terms with knowing this is irreversible and find happiness.

has anyone experienced deafness or the loud noises? I wold really like to know how you have adjusted mentally and physically.

too back track.  Mine started in the am with severe dizziness,vomiting,cold sweats.  When to ER and was admitted for days.  Left the hospital using a walker 

i see my ENT in 2 weeks for a review on any changes that I may have experienced.  Outside of hearing fantom words in my left ear all is the same.  

Thank you for reading my story

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, sorry to hear of your condition. May I ask how old please? I had something similar happen to me at a very young age of 20. Luckily, my hearing came back. My doctor said it would repair itself being that I was young, he was right. I went deaf in my left ear sounded like I was in a tunnel with noise in the distance. Haven't had it since but I've had bppv. So how old please?

• Posted

Hello,

i am 53 yrs old and in good health. Living in Wa state and the amount of barametric pressure this winter is pretty rough.  I take pain medication when needed for severe headaches.  

Where re do you live?

• Posted

Have you received a diagnosis?  Do we know the cause of the symptoms?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hi Julie, my daughter had Labrynthitis a few weeks ago . She was really sick with vertigo but after a couple of days it cleared but has left her deaf in one ear. This is making her more distressed because she is partially deaf anyway but has completely lost her hearing in her ear. She is going back to the Dr this week, with a view to see what can be done or is it a waiting game. Hope you get sorted, and hoping my daughter does too. She is 20 by the way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.