No hydrodilation

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last month I've been dealing with doctors trying to get hydro done. Some saying I can get it done and others then saying no and the doctors arguing. 

Basically what has happened is because I'm on blood thinners I need to come off it to get the hydro done. My cardiologist has taken me off one and put me on aspirin instead. One doctor said this was ok and another said it wasn't. A compromise was suggested but the cardiologist wasn't happy.  Now out of the two docs I will follow the advice of the cardiologist first obviously. 

My problem now is I am in extreme pain with 2 frozen shoulders, cortisone doesn't help in fact it makes me sick. 

I'm asking the group, had anyone had just physio help solve frozen shoulder? Am I looking at possibly MUA? 

Help me please I'm in agony and quit sick of docs BS. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I did forget to mention that the doctor doing the hydro now refuses to do it or deal with me to work something out. 
  • Posted

Can't even imagine having two frozen shoulders at once.  So sorry for you. Yes you can do this without hydro treatment. You are going to pretty much devote yourself to taking care of your body to reduce the inflammation as much as possible. If you can sleep in a recliner, you might get better rest. Laying down is difficult. You are going to need pain medications. To help as well.  I used Tramadol but do not disrespect the Tramadol!  Try to stay at 50 mg dose and do not double up as they can cause migraines. I know you cannot use some of the better otc medicines due to blood thinning properties but you probably can take Tylenol.  Find a neck ice wrap to get both shoulders at the same time.  Buy a good tens unit that not only plugs in the wall but also runs on batteries. Mine disconnected and ran on batteries so you can walk around all the time with it plugged in and clipped to your belt. You do not need doctors for this problem.  They are usually of no help except for an rx for pain.  CBD may help you with pain.  Not sure how your doctors there feel about CBD and sounds like you would need to pass that by your cardiologist.  If you can get some Xanax, it worked like a muscle relaxer for me and helped me sleep.  It too can get out of control and I kept myself to only .25 mg x 2 per day so I would not get addicted. I couldn't tolerate rx muscle relaxers and they are problematic as well. Ice, ice, ice. At least 3 time a day. Do not attempt any strenuous physical therapy the first 4-6 months. Your muscles are already in agony. It's a trick to figure out when to start stretching things out when it will be helpful. A therapeutic massage therapist can help and also break up any scar tissue to regain full range of motion. Start looking for one now as they are kind of a specialty in that field.  God bless you. This will end. 

• Posted

Thanks for that Terry. I will look into the tens machine. I'm allergic to tramadol so that is out of the question. I have a great  myotherapist and osteo. The osteo really does help but only lasts a day or so. 

Yes I am currently sleeping in my recliner and it has helped, not a great sleep but better than none in the bed. Sounds like I'm on the right track. 

Thanks again 

• Posted

I'm starting Physio next Tue to start stretching my arm! I can let you know after that! I think they should use hydro for FS patients 100%. 

• Posted

Can't even imaging having 2 frozen shoulders, bless you! 💜

• Posted

I start physio on Monday, no other choice. It's going to be really expensive over a long period of time. I have some exercises already, so I'll just go with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.