No idea what's going on with my liver

Posted , 5 users are following.

A few months ago I was in hospital for pneumonia (2nd time in 6 months) while there the consultant told me they'd noticed something wrong with my liver in 2010 (no one mentioned this to me) and they need to investigate. Blood tests were all showing elevated levels which are now higher. Ultrasound showed part of my liver looks different but nothing else, now waiting for an mri. Has anyone else had this? Just really want some ideas of what could be going on as Google was scary and my doctor says there's too many things it could be so we'll discuss it after mri

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

tany, i am chemist, i learned liver reaction, i had some problem but now i know what is a cause of my problem. i had tested my liver enzymes with a week wih protein diet : for example with small a count of proteins in the food . after result i tested with lite count sugars food.it is not to all sugars. i checked galacose and fructose. i think that you need do kidney test, maybe kidneys don't separate some ingridiens and its is celebrate in the liver

• Posted

Thanks for your comment, nothing has been mentioned about my kidneys, just my liver is being tested, everything else looked fine on the ultrasound.
  • Posted

Hi,

I think your doctor is right, there are a lot of things that can cause deranged liver function tests (the blood test) Without knowing which specific markers were raised it is impossible to guess at what the cause may be. It is worth noting that you have had this sometime and have had no symptoms, so that should put your mind at rest a bit as serious things tend to act seriously! 

Waiting for test results is difficult, but in this case it's the best thing to do, no good scaring yourself with Dr Google.

Best wishes,

J

• Posted

That's for replying, had random stomach pains for years, never too bad to see a doctor about. Don't know which markers were raised as it wasn't my doctor that spoke to me about it and the doctor that did just rushed through them all. However the results are getting higher. I'm rubbish at waiting when I haven't got a clue what's going on. Hopefully will have an appointment for mri this week as its been marked as urgent. Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.