No Improvement at all !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all !

?It's been just over 8 weeks since my ETD balloon dilation. Unfortunately and despairingly I have had no improvement, Wake up every a.m. and it's like "Groundhog Day" for my Eustachian tube.(sic). Still taking Xanax for the anxiety, but it seems I've built up a resistance to the dosage I'm currently on.( 1 mg. tablet 2x a day ). Still helps but not lasting as long and I refuse to take a 3rd one, at this time. Per his request, I will be contacting Dr. Undavia  to advise of my non progress and for his further recommendations. When we last spoke he suggested trying the surgery again, as for some reason those who have no improvement the first time out, have a high success rate with the second attempt. No problem here giving it a second go. However if this fails he has suggested "attacking the problem from another "angle ???" He also suggested maybe a different and higher dosage of anxiety medication to help me cope. With a few events coming up in the next few months ( Waitress and Hello Dolly musicals in NYC Broadway, and a YES concert in my hometown of Trenton NJ, my favorite prog rock band wink I'm hoping something can be done to alleviate the symptoms enough to enjoy myself. I want you all to know I am still optimistic that something can be done to cure or at least abate some of the annoyances and symptoms of this physical cross I'm bearing. I know it doesn't sound like much but for any and/or all of us with ETD it's been hell. As bad as it can be sometimes, I'm thankful that it's only make me miserable. As Woody Allen said in "Annie Hall " and I'm paraphrasing here. " "There are two kinds of people in the world. Horrible and miserable. Horrible people are those like terminal cancer patients, people born with birth defects, and so on. I don't know how they get through the day. Everyone else is just miserable. So be thankful you're just miserable ". Sometimes humor can be a great help. It is for me. That's all for now. Thanks for listening and your words of encouragement. I will continue to keep you posted on any changes progress, etc. in the future.

Peace,

?Merlin

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Can you explain what symptoms the Xanax alleviates?

If it's just anxiety, what from ETD causes you anxiety and what do you feel?

Thank you. 

• Posted

If the surgery has not worked on you then you should go for the second opinion. Might be you get better results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.