NO INFECTION but: Tooth and sinus pain, unable to breath through left nostril, stuffy ear, headache

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I've been having this problem for a couple of year now and despite of what my dentist says, I do believe that the pain is connected to two teeth he has worked on (upper left side teeth 8 and 7).

These teeth have onlays and are not sensitive to cold, but they are sensitive to pressure and I almost always feel pain around them that radiates up to my sinuses, nose, ear... It is not "electric" pain that comes in flashes. It's constant, sometimes throbbing. When I try to floss or use small dental brushes, it gets worse. Even touching them with my tongue can provoke pain. I can feel a small "canal" between my teeth and their onlays, but my dentist says that there is no gap between them. He did several x-rays and there's no decay or infection. He says that my gums are not inflamed, but they are sensitive in that area and tend to bleed.

Funny thing is, I only feel pain in the vicinity of these two teeth and nowhere else! I've seen two ORLs and they say that my left side is clear.

Am I crazy to think that this is tooth-related? I'm waiting to see another dentist to have a second opinion. My pain reacts to clove essential oil.

Sometimes at night it gets so bad that I feel as if my left nostril were stuffed with cotton and the pain just goes through the roof.

My left ear feels constantly "full", even though the ORLs have said that there's nothing there.

Honestly, I feel that somehow these two teeth provoke some sort of inflammation in the maxilla and sinuses, resulting in pain and this feeling of stuffiness.

Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.