no light at the end of the tunnel :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been suffering terrible anxiety since February am on propranolol 40mg twice a day, think it is helping a little , thlast couple of weeks I have had butterflies in my stomachall day every day its driving me insane.i constantly think im going to die, not because of the butterflies but ....... well I dont know really if im honest, have been 2 docs more than I care 2 remember but thats a waste of time i think she thinks im bonkers, maybe I am, I don't want to be around people but I want to talk so this forum is perfect because after reading through I know im not alone.Sorry folks I really just needed to let that all out.Wishing u all well.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. We all know how you feel and have been through the same things as you. Don't be fobbed off by your doctor - you have a right to get the medicine  you require. Sometimes one type of tablet doesn't work but another one does - ask about citalopram, it works for quite a lot of people. But in the long term CBT is a good way to get to grips with the things that are going on in your body and mind. You're not going mad, and you will also get through this. 
  • Posted

Hi

Firstly let me say you are not alone.

I too suffer with anxiety, panic attacks and now agoraphobia and like you there are days when I struggle to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There will be light, we just need to keep looking and searching for it.

I'm not sure how long it will take as I've been suffering for 4 months and those have been some of the worse months of my life.

I keep going back and forth to my gp as well and again like you I think she thinks I'm mad but if it puts my mind at rest (even if it's just for a few hours, a day or even longer) I don't care.

I was prescribed fluoxetine too but didn't want to rely on tablets to make me better so I have tried other methods - counselling, self help websites and now I'm due to have CBT therapy.

I hope things improve for you soon 

• Posted

Thanks for your replies, will ask doc about the different meds yous mentioned.i was having such a good day today up till about 2 hours ago when those blasted butterflies started again, does anybody else have that feeling of butterflies for hours on end along with feeling like your going to fall over?
    • Posted

yup, i get the same feeling...in fact, i'm sitting at my desk at the office right now feeling as though i'm going to fall out of my chair...doing my best to just ignore it and go about my day, but it's not always easy....i also get weak/fatigued muscles and heart palpitations....all fun stuff!! smile
    • Posted

Just when you think there can't be anymore symptoms to this living hell as if by magic theres another one ready to pounce but hey ho we just need to try and kick this monsters ass smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.