No longer have warning signs of period coming

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 33 years old and for the entirety of my period-having life, I have always gotten an unmistakable feeling the day or so before my period starts, like a mild version of period cramps that lets me know it is about to begin.

However, the past two menstrual cycles, I have had zero warning. I just wake up covered in blood. And even then, the only reason I know to check for my period is by the wetness. My cramps do eventually come on, but as I said, this is a very unusual thing for me: I have absolutely always had about a day of warning and then my period starts as spotting. Now there is no warning at all and it starts full force.

What could be the cause of this change?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.