No mention of Grover's disease on Patient?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease for the second time. Last year after nearly a year of investigation and biopsis the dermatologist diagnosed Grover's. This is a disease that causes a rash, in my case all over the body except my face. It itches - a lot. They proscribed UV treatment of sessions a week for 10 weeks. Half way into the treatment I started to see an improvement, by the end of the treatment it had gone. Looks like I'm in for another long haul. There is nothing on Patient, it is a rare condition but my local UV centre have seen three in a year.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi potterken - can i ask you specifically what your symptoms are? My husband has battled with this skin condition for close to 9 years - he had been to 5 dermatologists & all diagnose him with contact dermatitis - he gets a rash on his trunk, arms, hands, legs & around his lips - it itches him & drives him nuts - he also experiences dry cracked skin on hands & lips and the rash is red - it seems to get under control after a cortizone shot, but you can only have so many of those - i think stress brings it on, but we are at our wits end - i have never heard of grover's disease will google it -

• Posted

Hi

I never had a rash on hands, face lips, it seems Grover's is typically on arms shoulders trunk and legs with evenly spaced spots like insect bites which merge together. A biopsy can identify a very specific condition in the skin cells. Your husband's symptoms don't sounds the same as mine however UV therapy helps all sorts of conditions so try and get on a program.

• Posted

My mum has this and, from what you are saying, it sounds like the UV treatment has been very effective?

• Posted

UV was very effective, a nice all-over tan too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.