No more panic

Posted , 4 users are following.

So just sat here after having another panic/anxiety attack, just wondering what does everyone else do to take there mind off an attack.

I have a few techniques counting to 5, then looking for 5 objects saying each object five times ect..

the main one is I constantly tie my hair up, let it down then tie it up again and so on...

i feel a bit ocd doing it but hey it works 7/10 times lol rolleyeslol

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi deemad,

If it works - Yay.  Don't fret about it.  Sometimes, going for a wee walk and conciously naming all the things you pass can both lower your panic and get rid of some of the adrenaline - plus, it's a good habit to get into.biggrin

Best,

Linda

• Posted

I can't walk unaided at the moment due to very sever vertigo I think this is why my panic/anxiety attacks are happening more at the moment I'm not releasing enough endorphins lol x
  • Posted

Thats great i always say there is always a way out and o e thing that works but takes alot of effert in an attack is to sing out verry loud from the belly it releases the tension
  • Posted

I'm new to the whole " panic attacks" I've had anxiety for a long while now & started getting really bad in this past two years.. Every time I start to feel panicky I talk myself out of it so far.. I try to tell myself! Okay! This happened before & you are ok! & I just breathe & keep telling myself over & over its happened before & you got over it. So far it helps but it's still scary.. I guess everyone's different but it's good to know what other people do cause it does help 😀
  • Posted

I accept it. It has been working lately. I do mindful breathing and acknowledge it is a panic attack and i beleieve it will pass and ignore every symptom while this is happening. I have the cbt for anxiety on audiobook and have listened to it many times as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.