No more RLS symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had RLS for years. Yesterday I took 1 magnesium bisglycinate supplement at each meal and then 2 before bed. I had ZERO RLS last night. Anyone else experience amazing things with magnesium? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh what I would give to have a nights rest from it!!!! I just looked up this product and immediately ordered some and now can't wait for it to arrive! It claims to help with fibromyalgia and sleep too. Oh wow I really have my fingers crossed now. I bought from Bulk Powders online, hope they are ok. They say 4 times better than any other type of magnesium pills. They were very expensive on Amazon so i do hope they are ok, as they seemed a lot cheaper. Glad you have found some relief from this awful thing! I have not been getting up till after midday with broken sleep x
    • Posted

I hope it works for you too! It worked so fast for me. I'm actually looking forward to going to bed tonight. Something that I haven't felt in years because I dreaded the RLS and not being able to sleep. Best of luck!
  • Posted

I have had RLS for over 20 years, progresively getting worse.  About a year ago i was  prescribed Rotigotine patches (3mg) which admittedly do damage my skin, however I know that to have the symptoms of RLS is far worse.

I am intrigued with your remedy and I will certainly try the magnesium bisglycinate supplement as a natural solution would be amazing. Can I ask how you discovered the magnesium bisflycinate as a solution for RLS?

• Posted

I went to a Health Food Store in desperation looking for something - anything - to help me sleep. Over the years I have tried just about every natural remedy. I spoke to a naturopath there and she recommended Magnesium Bisglycinate. I took 5 capsules (divided over the day) at 200 mg each. And, for the first time in a very long time, I had no RLS! Other things that help me are stretching my legs before bed (same stretch as you would do before a run), and eating little to no sugar and low carbs in the afternoon/evening. I'm also drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every morning that helps with general aches and pains. I hope the magenesium helps you. Good luck!!  
    • Posted

I have been told about apple cider vinegar too so will get some of that. I cant wait till my magnesium arrives, this one is supposed to be the best after reading up on it. someone did mention it to me a while ago for fibromyalgia  but didnt seem to be benefitting herself so I wonder whether  she was just using the magnesium sulfate or similar.
    • Posted

I had been using magnesium for awhile without much benefit. The difference for me was getting a higher quality magnesium bisglyncinate AND drastically increasing the dosage to 5x per day. The ACV starting working for me on general aches and pains after using every morning for 3 weeks. Let me know how it goes! 
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon

This sounds very encouraging and simple to do.

I am taking 640mg per day (via Mg oxide) but I have been taking it for cramps and "just in case" it would help the RLS

I have rare problems with RLS at the moment but I thought that was because of the FODMAP diet I am on.

The start of taking the magnesium would be about the start of my FODMAP diet so I could be confusing the two.   Its  hard to do a realistic experiment when you only have one subject.

Now I'm scared to abandon the diet and see if the Mg by itself can work but I suppose I have to.

The folowing US govt site

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/#h2

says a the Upper Limit for an adult is 350mg per day but it reports plenty of research with higher levels.

I think the message is to make sure your doctor is aware and that your Kidneys are working properly.

They talk about 5000 mg per day as potentially fatal!   You would have to be determined to eat that much.

Thanks again

Cheers

Graham

• Posted

Thanks for the information/link! Yes absolutely, everyone should always check with their doctor. I have both a neurologist and a GP that I regularly see. The most magnesium bisglycinate that I take is 1000 mg per day. And I support my kidneys/liver with healthy living. I have another good night's rest under my belt with magnesium. Oh happy day!! I wish you all the very best too! 
    • Posted

So glad it is working for you! Mine should arrive on monday! I take a lot of pills though so wonder whether I should just check. I have RA and have just started on sulfasalazine which I am supposedc to have regular blood tests with but I also take co-codamol, tramadol, cetirizine hydrochloride, lansoprasole, citalooram, fenofibrate, atorvastatin, amitriptylene, calceous vitamin D, iron and senna! Blimey it would be great not to have to take that lot:-(. Do you think I should check first? X
    • Posted

It is always good to check first with a doctor when trying something new and especially when you are taking so many other things. Hopefully your doctor is someone who is open to natural remedies though! I wish you all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.