No more tablets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all , just been docs for 3rd weigh in and lost weight BUT doc won't giv me any more orlistat until had blood test to check my liver..........gutted because doing well on tabs have lost 2 and half stone since August ....now scared I'm gunna slide back and put weight back on ...anyone else been stopped for same reason ???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You could buy the over counter ones until he gives you more. They are only half the strength but still something. I have not been on them that long. Good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Karen.  I was on Orlistat for approx 7 months and I had to have a blood test half way through to make sure the tablets weren't taking too much fat out of the liver.  My tablets weren't stopped though.  They did say if the blood results werent good then they might have to stop the tablets.  Thankfully blood test was OK.  Blood results come back pretty quick these days so hopefully you won't be off the tablets too long. Just continue eating the same as if you are actually taking the tablets.  You will be OK im sure.
  • Posted

Hiya, if you've had the blood test then results usually are sent by email with 76 hrs, so you'll only be without the tablets a few days-hopefully GP will re-precribe if you    still have weight to lose. Don't let all these months of good work undo itself, keep positive. At the end of the day the test is for YOUR benefit and health. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I can totally understand the panic, I would be going nuts too. But please don't panic. I think the main reason these tablets work is because we all stick so religiously to a low fat diet. It's so stirct that we would lose weight on this allowance even without the tablets. Stick to the same rules you have been following until the blood work is sorted out and you will be fine. It will be a week at most without them and if you don't resort to eating the crap we all used to eat you won't put anything back on and will probably still lose. Keep calm and carry on babes.
    • Posted

Thank you all for your replies it certainly helps with all the encouragement on this forum , I have been for blood test but it's up to 7 days for results , I am feeling a lot more positive than I was when 1st got told no tabs yet , fingers crossed I won't slide because I sure don't want to , I have another 2 st to lose yet xx
    • Posted

Good on you, you won't slide because you don't want to - keep saying that to yourself. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.