No motivation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don't know if it's depression, anxiety or the lack of sleep. I have trouble motivating myself to do anything. If I get the house clean its a big accomplishment. I push myself to walk each day and try to eat well. How do you ladies push forward?

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel ya.  For me, I think it’s part of the depression that comes with all this.  And usually I just do what I can and it passes after a few days.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle

Exactly the same way as you are, sometimes it's a giant push to do anything when you'd rather just stay home. I walk every morning like you, I do mindful meditation which helps the anxiety, I'm on bhrt, I eat well, I cycle when I can and just generally keep going. When people ask me to meet up and stuff, I try not to say no now because I was always avoiding being out but it does help. Good luck xx

• Posted

This is me! Right now!  I don't feel like cooking cuz the kitchen will be all messy==pizza night for them!  It's humid and I don't feel like moving.  I did take a 2 hour nap this morning which is rare but again these hormones are messing with me.  It's summer and kids are home so a lot more activity.  My anxiety comes and goes which could be a part of why I'm tired.  You mentioned depression-- sure would like to lose 15 lbs,  I don't have a great marriage but still lots to be thankful for.  I just keep going and hope this is a phase that passes by.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

So hard some days with crippling fatigue and also extreme anxiety.

I think we have to make the most of the good days and think that this awful period is going to end eventually.

Lots of love to you.

Linda ❤️❤️

• Posted

I can totally relate! Some days it takes everything in me just to crawl out of bed and take a shower and each day I hope it gets better. It comes and goes though, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (or somewhere in that ballpark). All I do is just gather all my will power and all my might, block out everything negative in my head and just concentrate on the task like a robot and plow through, just like you are on autopilot, being in the moment, one step after another. That's all you can do. Breathing and meditating is good as well, but that's for depression and anxiety.

Hang in there, you are not alone, looks like we are all going through hell, but we will come out on the other side.

• Posted

I can totally relate! Some days it takes everything in me just to crawl out of bed and take a shower and each day I hope it gets better. It comes and goes though, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (or somewhere in that ballpark). All I do is just gather all my will power and all my might, block out everything negative in my head and just concentrate on the task like a robot and plow through, just like you are on autopilot, being in the moment, one step after another. That's all you can do. Breathing and meditating is good as well, but that's for depression and anxiety.

Hang in there, you are not alone, looks like we are all going through hell, but we will come out on the other side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.