No motivation and tired

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all,

Since my last "episode" shall we call it I have no motavation and all I want to do is sleep, stay in my room and not see anyone, is this normal? being so tired all the time is making me even more depressed.

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, It sounds like your depression has worsened, are you on any medication. I would go back to your GP and explain how you are feeling. Have you thought about Counselling or talking therapies, it can be very helpful to talk about issues that are causing your depression. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi Sara,

When I was first put on Citralopram I was put on 10 mg but this had very little effect as I was feeling like you've discribed. When I went back to my doctor he upt the dose to 20 mg and this was slightly better but eventually he put me on 30mg and I was on this for some time. I think it takes time to find the right dosage. The 20mg seems to suits  me fine, without any side effects. I would like to say as I started feeling better I decided to do some voluntary work at my local hospital just transporting cancer patients to their appointmemts and bringing them back, I have found this to be a great help as it has helped my self asteem.

Good luck and best wishes.

George,

• Posted

Sarah what is your doc doing different since your episode ? Are you on different meds now? Seeing a counselor ? Surely something has changed? I'm hoping you're getting help of some kind.

take care

• Posted

I was exactly the same after being put on citalopram 20mg one a day, I was feeling so spaced out, foggy and tired all the time. How long have you been on them for? As my doctor said it can take up to a month for the tablets to get probably into your system, my doctor also said that being tired and foggy is a side effect of these tablets and if possible to keep taking them and push past these side effects. After a month my doctor told me to take 2 20mg of citalopram before going to bed to help me calm down and also so I'm not so tired during the day! Hope this helps a little smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.