No motivation severely depressed stay in bed all day HELP!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I feel like a failure I feel like everything around me has changed even loved ones I don't feel the same I feel like I'm suffering from depersonalisation/derealisation disorder. Pyschologist are so annoying, I feel they are not able to help. None I've gone to seem professional. They just talk to make themselves feel better and most are more in need of help. I don't want to do anything I just want to stay in bed all day. I have been active all my life very OCD about house chores and cleaning. Now..I'm total opposite. It's like something has taken over my body and mind. I don't feel right and want a proper clear diagnosis. This cannot be normal it have I just hit rock bottom. I'm terrified of life.y past haunts me and the future I'm scared of and I cannot live for today. So I'm struggling immensely. I'm on medication but don't think it's working. I've never been a nail biter I have no nails left I'm a nervous wreck. I'm in a very dark hole I cannot get out. I don't even want to shower. I don't even go near my dog who I loved so much. I don't know what to do. Has anyone felt this way or still is? This has been going on for nearly one year. Depression anxiety OCD intrusive thoughts which cause panic. Please share if you care. 

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, have you considered medication? I have milder variant of what you describe and I am seeing doctor next Monday with a view to medication as my situation has been going on for few years now on and off.  It is a terrible feeling , I am sorry for your situation. Take care of yourself. 
  • Posted

Hi k83547 - those psychologists should be listening not talking. It is, unfortunately, a hit-and-miss affair where meds, docs and psychologists are concerned. Can I suggest you not give up and keep seeking that psychologist, therapist or counsellor with whom you feel comfortable and who listens? Also, see your doc and explain that your meds are not working, that you are isolating, anxious, and have no motivation. There are so many meds for all sorts of depressive conditions, and what works for one won't work for another. Don't give up.

• Posted

Hi there

i know you posted this a while ago. I’m sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling. I’ve pm you 

if you’d like a chat.

if not I hope that you are feeling better and you are coping.

love your dog it will love you btw.

you will see you and me have very similar stories like you said maybe we could help one another hey?

take care now

vicky🌈

• Posted

Hi k83547. 

You wrote that you have been active all your life. How long have you been feeling depressed? If not for long, don't punish yourself that much. Maybe you are just tired and just need some rest. I have seen similar cases, when active people suddenly get unmotivated and stay in bed all day. Well, its okay to take few months or a year off and just rest. Try to find a good therapist and also the right medication can do wonders. 

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.