No motivation, tired and fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer with anxiety which means i always feel unwell and lack confidence but lately i am so tired i just dont want to do anything(inside im screaming to do something but i dont know how or what to do)and i feel sad inside because im so bored i dont know how to get out of this rut...my life. I am a stay at home mom, its been around 4 years since i had a job since becoming pregnant. I hate this routine now im so bored and i dont know what to do with my life i feel like im just drifting through life daily consumed by feeling ill and anxiety. Im only 26 and i dislike myself and my life :-(

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You're only young! Stop disliking yourself, do you know the reasons behind your lack of confidence? There has to be a point where your anxiety started, if you can find that you might be able to address by looking into it. You have a 4 yr old? Are there any clubs at your local library you and your child could attend, remember knowlegde is a useful tool, don't be afraid to ask to ask for help, i know a church near me runs a mom and baby group, where you can meet other people in the same situation, have you discussed this with your gp? They might be able to help, Nick.
    • Posted

I have a 2 year old shes nearly 3 but came out of work when i became pregnant. All this started when i was pregnant i felt anxious but at the time never knew it was anxiety and gradually after the birth i became upset a lot and scared all the time until it got to a point where i got took to hospital in an ambulance because my heart was racing and since then ive had panic attacks and been ill that was over a year ago now. Yeh my gp knows about all of this ive had 6 sessions of cbt but it didn't help. Thats why i hate feeling like this because im only 26 i should be full of life and not feeling ill and low all the time. Thanks for the reply
    • Posted

At the time they put it down to baby blues it was only once in a&e suggested post natal depression but it was kinda swept under the carpet and i lacked support from my gp so i just got on with it. Ive always wondered if this is all a form of post natal depression/anxiety but im not sure if its still possible after so long although i have had on going problems since the birth.
  • Posted

Hi Moo, You sound like myself, isolated. Have you thought about doing some online courses. The Futurelearn website do all sorts of courses for all sorts of interests. I have done several and enjoyed all of them.You don't need any qualifications, they are free to everyone. They are usually 6-8 weeks for about 3 hours a week in your own time.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Thank you for the info i will look in to that. I did do a college course last year in business admin but completed that so now back to that boredom stage and im having no luck in finding a job, i think being out of work so long doesn't help because employers must be put off by that.
  • Posted

Your story morrors that of my wife. Just like you she gave up work to be a stay aty home mum which later become turmoil after depression and anxiety set in. One thing that has hlped her is that she took up painting as a hobby. She is now really good at it and very tallented. In fact she produces her most amazing work when she is feeling very low. Its often a difficult transition from working to stay at home mum, particulaly if a lot of your social revolved around work. Try to keep in contact with people and get out often, even if just for a walk in the park with the little one. Also consider seeing your gp and concider councilling which may help as well. Also try to look for the little wins each day. For my wife going to the shop when she hated going out was a win. IF you feel isolated just calling and talking to a friend can be a win. Dont worry about the big wins when you feel down, small wins are good and eventually lead to a bigger one when your ready.
    • Posted

Its weird how staying home to raise children can have a negative affect on your health i never knew i could feel so ill and there not be a physical reason. I am considering starting a hobby, i know there is a sugarcraft/baking class local to me which does interest me so im looking to do that if i can get childcare each week. Its got to a point where when i do anything socially i feel uncomfortable and anxious because im not used to doing anything socially now days. I am currently under my local mental health services so im hoping to get some further support. Is your wife feeling better now has her anxiety and depression improved? I just cant imagine feeling better because its been so long so hearing of others who have become better and living life again is nice to hear.
    • Posted

my wife is in private couniling now. Used to be nhs but it was hard managing my work and 3 kids around a nhs counciling appointment during the day 8 miles from home while I have the car at work. Now it's 5 minute walk from home and in the evening so I can have the kids.

You will improve in time but for now take each day at a time and try to find something to occupy you. The baking sounds like a good idea evening if you just trying new stuff at home. YouTube is great for how to guides and tips.

• Posted

Hi there, sorry to hear you feel like this but I think it is good that you have told others like yourself online the way you are feeling.  Being a stay at home mum is hard work as well as boring at times for some people.  It sounds like you need a change and to do something exciting as you are only young.  Get some more help with the kids and think of something you have always wanted to do.  Live your life like a dream which is something only you can do.  Bless you try and keep strong.
    • Posted

It certainly is nothing prepares you for parenthood. Although i love my daughter it is draining because daily life is so repetitive and its like i have nothing to look forward to for me. Im lost and dont even know what i want anymore, i cant even say what i enjoy. I want a career but i cant make any decisions what i want to do. I know its down to me i just wish i had some direction. Thank you for replying.
    • Posted

Hi, one thing is certain you are definitely a stronger person than you think for even recognising the reason that you feel this way. Parenthood is can be very tiresome and take a lot form you.  I remember when my son was 2yrs and I would never left him with anyone. But then one day I seen to kids about 8yrs playing outside and I realise that although I love my son I to need a social life as well.  My son is now 16yrs and spends most of his time on the phone or out.  I decided to live my life as a dream and still do today, I opened up a salon when he was 3yrs and then studied law as my dream was to become a Judge which I plan to go for next.

Live your life like a dream my family now know how impulsive I am. You can make a change but try not to put things off sayit, write it down and then do it. I started of making a list of 7 things I wanted to do in the house daily eg things that needed doing that I kept putting off and I started a list of 7 things I could do to achieve my profession.

I hope this helps you and would be interested to know how you get on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.