No odor since ive started eating PICKLES?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is so odd...i have suffered from BV on and off for years, always an odor and i had finally given up these past couple years even trying remedies. My whole life ive hated pickels but was given one of those giant dills and randomlly fell in love with them! Ive been eating regular dills now for about 2 weeks.. About 2 a day, yum! I didnt even realize after about 4 days in (im guessing) my odor was gone.. I linked it to the pickles! This is the only new thing ive entered into my routine, im certain that this is helping. Am i losing my mind or is there some way pickels are actually helping my condition? :') i feel silly asking this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've never heard of that before, so I looked it up ("pickles and bv" ).  Found this wikihow that actually mentions it!  http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-Bacterial-Vaginosis-from-Coming-Back. ; Apparently pickles are a probiotic food, so you are benefiting from the probiotics.  LiveStrong.com says:

"Some of the food sources containing live cultures include garlic, bananas, yogurt, sauerkraut, pickles, wine, cheese, bread and chocolate. However, some foods, such as chocolate, may contain a high content of sugar. Since unwelcomed bacteria thrive on sugar, choose low-sugar or sugar-free options to reap the full benefits of eating probiotic foods."

Guess I should start eating more pickles too!!

• Posted

I've read that pickles are foods that contain probiotics! That's so cool that you've found your cure. I'm going to try to start eating some pickles!
    • Posted

Depends if they are fermented. Many in the shops are pickled in vinegar and that then would not contain probiotics.
  • Posted

We're the pickles fermented by any chance?
    • Posted

Dills are the most common pickle...and they are just regular ones from the jar i bought at the store. Maybe its the vinegar in it thats helping? Whatever it is, its working!
    • Posted

Ahh yes of course dill pickles! Sorry I had a blonde moment. I've not been big into pickles. Well either way great that it's working for u.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.