no one knows whats wrong.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm a 47 year old female I had stroke last year now my bp is off the charts. Went to er yesterday I was asleep and woke to burning squeezing pressure on left side of chest it went half way down my arm and up my jaw. I have had a headache for few weeks now my blood pressure runs 180-190 over 100-117 daily but sometimes it will drop way low to where I almost pass out. The er told us they had no idea what could be going on and released me with a bp of 173/105. Any advise is welcomed.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stephanie, what do the doctors say? Are you on BP meds?

Living with BP that high is not a good thing.

• Posted

There is a device called a Rox Coupler that can be inserted into your groin that diverts blood and reduces BP or renal denervation that also reduces BP. You should ask about them to see if they are suitable options for you.

• Posted

Yes I take a blood pressure pill daily my Dr is afraid to put me on another or up dosage due to my bp drops so low just all of a sudden.

• Posted

As consultant said to me "You are not truly hypertensive, you just have peaks so drugs bring it down to much and give you more than usual side effects"

Mine could go to 210/110 and drop quite suddenly. Gradually reduced meds to nil and only take a small dose of Losartan if it goes up for a couple of days and now that is about twice a month.

• Posted

I'm will talk to Dr about this thing is I'm peaking very high more than it dropping. I'm just afraid of another stroke. I was lucky I have left side weakness in leg and foot brace use walker to get around. I just don't like being sick all the time now I feel like a burden on everyone.

• Posted

I went to my GP yesterday as I had stopped taking my BP medication and thought it would be high it had been in the 170/90 range but to may amazement it was normal. I did have a blood test that asked for my Vit.D3 levels and I did not have any in my body. I was given high doses of this (20000up) for two weeks and now tailing it off and in three months time buy the normal dose you can buy at the supermarket. I would not like to say that this has altered my BP but I now have a normal BP and no medication. I had high readings for 20 years but no one mentioned D3.

• Posted

Sylvia that sounds good.

I don't know that vitamin D has a direct link to BP, but if you're really low it can do a lot of other things.

Vitamin D has been very fashionable the last ten years or so, almost everyone needs to be taking more as they get older.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.