No one replying to me I’m scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am worried sick i have no other symptoms but these annoying stabbing like pains back of head pretty much constant all day for about a week. best way to describe is like someone pressing hard in different areas of my scalp. so scared in case its a brain tumour i will see the doctor next week but can anyone advise and tell me if they know anyone with brain tumour if my symptoms match?

i have also this pulsing from right ear like i can hear blood rushing particularly when i move my head in certain locations.

My neck does feel quite stiff could that cause pressure in back of head?

apart from this i feel really well but so anxious in case i have a brain tumour or seizures going to start

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

If you had a brain tumour you wouldn't be feeling really well. Stabbing head pains are very often from tension. You'll be fine x

• Posted

thank you for the reply. yeah the feelings are sharp and painful either back of head or on top i actually am so anxious. someone i was talking to mentioned neuralgia but i just dont know what it is. i am worried sick in case its a brain tumour i dont want an mri i am too scared

• Edited

stiff neck can definitely radiate up into the head and cause your symptoms. when my neck gets tight which it normally is, it causes me to have headaches.

but still keep your doctor appointment. just wondering, do you have any family history of any issues in the head? I don’t mean just the serious things, it could even be a history of migraines or tension headaches or anything else.

my Father had A more serious condition so myself and my siblings all had an MRI and MRA of the head just to have it checked out.

like I said before, yours is most likely nothing serious. let us know how you’re doing!

• Posted

thank you jan for replying. i am worried sick i dont want an mri because i dont want to know. i am so scared it could be brain tumour but if symptoms just started they are going to get worse like seizures.

i am sorry to hear of your father i had an mri 7 years ago all come back normal but wont have one now im to scared to find out.

i just keep thinking these pains must be a tumour i also get bit of tingling a muscle twitches but dunno if that could be me being anxious.

can tension cause weird head pains but not really headaches. when i excercise or bend over or cough i have no pain but my head just feels really heavy

• Edited

I used to not want to have testing also because I didn’t want to find anything out. However, after doing that so many times I felt like it was actually worse to sit around and be miserable with relentless worrying then to actually just go get the test and get it over with.

Because if there actually was something wrong, I figured the sooner I found out the better because then earlier treatment Will give me a better chance for recovery .

at some point I’m gonna know what’s going on anyway. I think that people with anxiety like myself actually torture themselves for no reason. I can’t tell you how many times I thought I had something deadly and tortured my mind thinking about it. Then all my testing came out normal. I went through all that suffering for nothing.

I think that could possibly be going on in your case.anyway I just wanted to share that with you .

• Edited

Thanks Jan and you are right I should get tested just to be sure and it will probably end up that the GP will want me to be anyway.

Its weird coz its not like a normal headache its more like pressure on my neck and scalp and its like an achy burning feeling.

The thing is if it was a brain tumour would i have other symptoms by now? Or feel more ill?

• Posted

It really does sound like a tension headache and it's no wonder you have it, you can tell how nervous and afraid you are just by your posts.

I would get tested and when the results say that you are fine, then since you will be at the doctor I would talk to him about your health anxiety, that is what I have done.

Because if you don't, once you get over this fear, another one will come along. And you will think, what if this time I really do have it?? I you can spend your one and only life in hell.

• Posted

Hello, i get this nearly every day and it is scary having said that the doctor said it is chronic anxiety headaches and apart from otc painkillers it really is a case of trying to relax the muscles and lower your stress which is easier said than done,your head feels like it is in a vice and it is very debilitating,I thought I had a brain tumor also doctor says there are more symptoms with a brain tumor which would be obvious by now,I really know how you are feeling and its horrible,look up Chronic Anxiety Headaches and it will tell you they are not dangerous,Maggie

• Posted

hi maggie thank you for the message and i am sorry your going through this. as much as i dont want this to be anything serious i am worried sick it might be. brain tumour it says one of the symptoms unusual headaches and mine isnt really a headache its like a sharp burning pain either in top of head or back of head and scalp feels a little tender when pressing.

also my head feels really heavy and tight like i have a bowling ball on my shoulders and round my ears and temples its like pressure and pain in my right ear like when you have an infection.

i am worried sick that im going to start having other brain tumor symptoms or just collapse. another weird symptom it feels like my head is bleeding or cold water dripping inside its so hard to describe.

please please please help and reassure me anyone help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.