No oral medication is working for me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed 8 months ago with mild left sided UC, i fell very ill where nothing was helping me. After 9 weeks on steroids and on a steady road on mecapturine I felt on top of the world for 2 months. Then was told my bloods were too high and liver function wasn't working on this one miracle tablet I finally seemed ok on. I had to come off this and start Aziathprine which to me was horrendous! Violently sick for days lost lots of weight and couldn't cope with life. I am now told no oral tablet agrees with me and biomedical may be my only option. I am only 26 so want to avoid this at all costs. I am now trying from today suppositories AM and PM as my colitis is currently under control they hope this will keep it at bay and be enough for me. Has anyone else had a similar experience or does anyone think just suppositories alone work without oral tablets? Aside from that is there any herbal or certain foods to recommend. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Ask your doctor about an enema called Budenofaulk. Apparently it works.

Cheers

Ehsan

• Posted

Hi

Also you may like to cut down on coffee, spicy food, milk, and possibly gluten, while on medication. This worked for me. Try mint tea, possibly Oregano oil (few drops) to kill the bad bacteria. Need to get gut flora back to normal. Please also stick to your doctor's advice.

Cheers

Ehsan

• Posted

Hello lucy so sorry to hear ur not well, its such a horrible diesease ive been in the same position as u tried everythink n then they said bio logics, which of course helps alot of ppl but summink i really wanted to avoid at all cost, i take tumeric capsules and also have started takin herbal stuff which they currently do out in america and since takin that ive ao far been ok, am doin well on 4 steriods, which usually i flare big time when comin down on them but so far seems to be helpin, hope u find summink that helps u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.