No Pain After Myomectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a myomectomy, bikini incision, 7 days ago and I'm really not in pain. Everyone said I'd feel like a semi rolled over me but I don't. I was in pain the first 36 hours but that was it. I feel so well that I'm wondering if my dr truly removed 35 fibroids as she said. Anyone else come through this surgery feeling this well.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's sounds great! Where are you at and who is your Doctor? I want a myomectomy but so scared about it. Iam wondering why my Doctor wants to take the fallopian tunes out, something about cancer starting in the tubes. Iam not worried about getting cancer I just want this heavy fibroid uterous fixed.

• Posted

Hi, I'm in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Armene (Mimi) Vanoyan has been my gynecologist since I was 18 yo (38 now) and she did my myomectomy. She did a great job. I had my post operative appt this past Monday, which was 18 days after the surgery and my incision is 95% healed. I'm so thankful this entire thing has been uneventful. Don't be afraid of the myomectomy. I almost worried myself sick the week before my surgery. I couldn't even sleep but everything worked out just fine. Just make sure you have an experienced surgeon and I mean 7-10 years of experience with C-sections, myomectomies and hysterectomies. You got this! 

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply! Thankyou for your encouragement as well! I do so appreciate hearing about your experience and that it went so smoothly. Any advice helps so much because it's scary territory. Have you seen The F word documentary? Its about fibroids. Google it.

• Posted

Every one is different and reacts differently to operations and aftercare. If you are not happy go and see your doctor
  • Posted

Can you please tell us who is your doctor? 

Thank you!

• Posted

Hi, I'm in Atlanta, Georgia and my dr is Armene (Mimi) Vanoyan with Piedmont Healthcare. I think it's definitely worth it if you can travel to Atlanta.  I was going to the bathroom unassisted before they even released me from the hospital. I can't say it was easy but I didn't have much of a problem lowering myself onto the toilet. It didn't hurt to pee nor was my first poop painful and remember she removed 35 fibroids. When I got to my girlfriend's house, I walked upstairs to the bedroom (backwards as recommended) but with moderate pain.  My recovery has been very good and I'm looking forward to no pain with my periods going forward. 

• Posted

Lucky you, and thats great ..... Everybody is different and everybody react differently. i'm in my 12 weeks after myomectomy and still suffering from the anesthesia and surgery stress.But please take it easy and don't do anything too much thats harm you later. Get enough rest, walk and sleep well.  

• Posted

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I have a friend who had a myomectomy with a vertical incision and she was in bad pain for a long time. I'm sorry and I hope you start feeling better soon. 

• Posted

35 fibroids & no pain after 36 hours that's brilliant - bet everybody wants to know who your surgeon is! Did you have keyhole or open?

• Posted

Hi, I don't know what a keyhole is but she cut me right above my pubic area, which they call a bikini incision. It's about 6 inches long right underneath my belly pouch lol. 

• Posted

Hi there, sorry keyhole is when they make a small incision (I should have said laprascopic) you've had open surgery with a 6 inch cut, sounds like she made a great job though, fantastic news, all the very best with your continued healing - great to hear a success story fa news x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.