No pain/weakness only pins and needles in one leg.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone help? Has anyone experienced only pins and needles?

I have had pins and needles in my R leg for a long time now. I feel it after sitting down and as soon as i get up and walk around they disappear.

My MRI showed nothing and they have queried myofascial problems. Now they want me to start Gabapentin however i don't feel happy about taking this as I have no pain only pins and needles. Would nerve conduction studies help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shalbourne, I have the same symptoms although in both feet and legs. I also get twitching muscles in my calves. There's no pain as such but the tingling drives me crazy at times. Doesn't affect strength or stamina. Had nerve conduction tests which were a little slow but not clinically significant, had MRI on spine which showed some wear at the base but again not significant. Consultant sort of shrugged his shoulders and said "It's peripheral neuropathy" and referred me back to my GP for treatment. Started on Gabapentin 3x100mg daily which did nothing, moved to 3x300mg daily which also appears to be ineffective although maybe it would be worse without - who knows? I'm otherwise a fit 60 year old with no underlying conditions to cause it (they've all been ruled out). Be interested to hear similar circumstances and ongoing treatments.

• Posted

Very interesting . I have since had a piriformis injection which is helping a little and I’m also doing lots of physio.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.