No period but still PMS ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all you lovely ladies out there, hope your all doing as best as you can going the this crap called the menopause 😩

Just a quick question, Iv been going through the menopause for over 4 years now, my last period was 9mths ago ( yeah ) can any one say, do you still get the lows that we always use to get just before having a period ( pms ) ????

I don’t get any other symptoms like saw boobs, stomac ach, when your due to start a period, just 3/4 days of that feeling of low mood again, is that normal to feel like it’s PMS with out the symptoms ???  I’m on a strong dose of antidepressants at the moment that does work wonders, and I feel loads better then I use to do, just prob once a month my mood drops for a few days, then back to normal, just wondering if it possible that y your going through the menopause without the periods, you would still get low days as tho your just going start???

Any answer be great, big hug to all of you out there 🤗xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I still them every now and then even though I am seven years post menopausal. But not very often as I used to when I first stopped my period. I call it phantom PMS. Lol!
  • Posted

I can tell you that when my periods stopped, I still got ALL the symptoms  (so bloated boobs, bloated body and depression).  Ironically, I went to the doctor for anti-depressants because of the PMT, went on them and pretty much stopped having periods after that.  Sorry it's not much help, you're much further along than I am so I'm afraid I can't really help.  I just think it's very likely.

Have a good day - one day at a time....

• Posted

Hi mayfly

Thanks for your support chic.. just throught with being on antidepressants that I wouldn’t get the symptom of feeling low, as tho I’m going to have a period kind of low if u get me...

Big hug and thank you 🤗x

• Posted

Yes, I do have pms and I even have aches and pains on my legg as if I am going to have my period but there is no period as such. As for the mood it certainly is all over the place. But it gets worse with pms symptoms. Big hug to you too. Take care&good luck with meno

• Posted

Thank you chic... 

hoping that if I don’t have a period by next April I’m through this rubbish menopause, and my moods just stay the same with the antidepressants helping, thought they would of stop the low feeling of pms lol...

😏 plod on as we always do, and see what each day brings, big hug to you, and all the wonderful, strong ladies on here 🤗xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.