No period for 6 months.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, I am 49 and have had no period for 6 months....until a week ago and it hasn't stopped since! It was light for first 2 days, then bam!! Lower tummy pain and heavy(very red)bleeding... 7 days in and no sign of it getting any lighter! Also, have a headache lingering with it. I was kind of hoping after not having one for 6 months, that my periods had come to an end, but obviously not. Anyone else experienced this? I'm shattered too!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was around your age, I didn't have a period for eight months. Then bam! Had one one every month for a year. Then it just stopped. I had one November 2010 and haven't had one since. I was 51.

• Posted

Aw juanita, i was sure mine had finished when i had nothing for 6 months! Day 8 now and it is still fresh and heavy!! Did yours last longer when they returned?
    • Posted

Hi Annie! No mine lasted five to seven days. But, I have fibroids and I was taking Blackstrap Molasses and it's amazing. I was having 17 day periods until I started talking a tablespoon of Unsulphered BSM every day.

• Posted

17 days!! Oh my!! Blackstrap Molasses I haven't heard of, good to know, thanks x

• Posted

Make sure its Unsulphered. I bought mine at Whole Foods. After a month my periods went back to five days and they were normal, one or two heavy days then medium, then light and then done.😀🙏

• Posted

Hi Annie yes I remember when I just started to go into menopause Pryor I skipped a few periods and then it was 30 days of heavy bleeding a few light periods and everything completely stopped so you are probably on your way out and into menopause sometimes heavy bleeding is like the last hurrah.

Totally part of the process

Xoxo

• Posted

Hi mauiblue. Yes, that's what I'm hoping!! This one has really floored me. After the 6 months of nothing, I feel like I am having those missed months all rolled in to one! Drained!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.