No period for a year

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I haven’t had a period since I had my last child last year around July! And last month I had one around the 15th? And now this month I don’t have one???  What could this mean?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hailey,

Was/are you breastfeeding as this can stop your periods also after birth it can take a long time for our hormones to get back to normal it could be that you have a hormone imbalance. I'd make an appointment with your gp they may run some blood tests to ensure everythings okay.

• Posted

No breastfeeding at all! Just all of a sudden just stopped after I had him! Well actually I had one right after I had him but after that... no more??
    • Posted

Have you taken a home pregnancy test to rule that out? To be honest I had my baby in June this year I had a normal period and now mine are all over the place too only thing I can think of is hormone imbalance. Do you have any symptoms any hot flushes any pains in the low abdomen area ?
  • Posted

Are you taking any meds that could interfere with your cycle?
    • Posted

Nope nothing at all.. after I had him I had one last period and that was it until last month on the 15th but this month there was nothing 
    • Posted

Maybe your hormones haven’t properly settled down since giving birth.  Ask your doctor to refer you to a gnaecologist.
  • Posted

Hi hsiley09062

What you have is 'Amenorrha' missed or irregular periods. This could indicate PCOS Polycystic Ovary Syndrome..do you have hair overgrowth and are you slightly over weight...of course it can indicate other conditions such as stress or as already mentioned a hormone imbalance. I would advise to see your doctor...my best wishes to you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.