No period in 12 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello yes i'm 45 and having premenopause symptoms hot flashes my period hasent came on in 12months FSH level is high. I wanted to know is it still possible to still get pregnant? Has anyone ever gotten there period back after going through this symptoms?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Patricia,

somebody with the same situation should be able to help

wink

Mrs M

PS:- just came on here because I've got the dreaded insomnia again rolleyes

• Posted

Me too Mrs M. Insomnia is driving me crazy!!!!! Hope you get some sleep soon.
  • Posted

Hi Patricia,

You have to check with your GP if you are fully menoposal.  My Dr told me that if i dont get my periods for 12 months that means i am fully into menopose and yes you can get pregnat.  I've been for almost 5 years now pre meno and the symptoms are scary especially at night.

Take care

• Posted

Sorry patricia

I don't know if its possible, but you never know with hormones its tricky because there are women around your age that have gotten pregnant. 

You should ask your doctor about it 

• Posted

God forbid,

what a thought lol, it's just taken it out of me doing the grocery shop rolleyes, not that I don't love the little rascals, especially at this time of year, they get so excited looking for halloweeny goodies and putting on masks and paraphenalia.

But I don't think I could cope running after a child 24-7

Mrs M biggrin

Be careful, take precautions LOL 

• Posted

A friend of mine thought not and is now 47 with a 1 year old so I'd get checked out by Dr before assuming 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.