No periods, no pains, just spots of blood! Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! Any help appreciated! 

First of all - I am not pregnant!

My periods have been pretty much all over the place for 3 years since I had my son...I hardly have them anymore and I have had around 4/5 in the past 10 months.

For the past few months, I have had no period, but on 2 or 3 occasions, I have noticed a very small amount (literally a small smear) of bright red blood when I have wiped myself after the using the toilet. I obviously thought this was my period coming but there has been nothing else. No more blood at all. I have not had any pain or discomfort at all and I haven't had any other unusual symptoms, neither am I on any contraception. 

Thank in advance for any help regarding this matter! I'm mainly wanting to know what the small spots of blood could be if they aren't periods.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would like to know about this too! I had ALL my "normal" PMS symptoms this month and to the extreme. I did spot for a few days but my period never came, however, on the day I was supposed to start my symptoms went away as usual. But its been a week now and still have not started. and there is no way I could be pregnant. I have been wondering about this all week.

• Posted

It's strange isn't it. 

I get all the symptoms too but no periods at all. Been hit and miss all year and to be fair, if I hadn't happen to look at the tissue when I wiped I wouldn't have even known about the small amount of blood as there wasn't enough to even touch my underwear. If I had pains etc then I would be worrying but I haven't noticed anything else. I am a bit run down at the moment with tonsillitis and an ear infection so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it! Let me know if you find out anything else xx

• Posted

It is strange. I think my spotting was a little more than what youre experiencing, but same concept nonetheless. I definitely will. you do the same!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.