No pip decision as yet but carers allowance stopped

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, Today my partner received a letter from carers allowance saying that it will stop from 9th due to facts and evidence of me. They are saying I do not get the appropriate disability. I have just had my pip assessment and have not had my decision back yet but should be due in a couple of weeks. My question really is do carers allowance department knowy decision before I do? Has anyone else experienced this. I have mental health issues. Thanks!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm very sorry to hear this it's very distressing being in these situations . I just been myself for assessment two weeks ago still waiting for decision myself . Good luck with it let me know how you get on 

• Posted

Yes morag very distressing DWP certainly know how to add to my conditions. I won my appeal at a hearing 2 years ago and my conditions have got worse, I really hope I don't need to go though it again it took 18 months. Thanks for your support.

• Posted

I hope everything goes well with your pip decision I will let you know my out come.
    • Posted

Good luck. It is sad that it is 'down to luck' especially when we. the claimants know how and have to live with the pains and disabilities that stop us managing with everyday tasks. There is just no compassion and logic in what is happening!

• Posted

Yes that is so true all this waiting and stopping of benefits just add to my anxiety disorders. Living with cptst is very difficult. Thanks for your support.
  • Posted

Hi Dawn I would say yes the DWP will definitely share the information with any of the other departments that are paying you or someone on your behalf a benefit that is for your benefit.

So if they have stopped your care package it could be that it's due to your PIP claim or it could be because your carer is working more hours or has started receiving another benefit in their own right.

Has anything changed recently other than your own fresh claim for pip

• Posted

Hi Alexandria, my pip award ended and I had to make a fresh claim. I have just had another face to face assessment and waiting for a decision. Carers allowance in the meantime has stopped hopefully due to not having a decision from pip. Nothing else has changed.
  • Posted

I have had face to face interview for PIP and expect to hear in a couple of weeks time.

Quite a long time ago someone said to me that if they do not give me any PIP money at all I can count my PIP claim as a claim for another benefit which I think might have been invalidity benefit,

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I think you will find invalidity benefit has been replaced with ESA, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

• Posted

Now I'm confused.I though ESA was to do with people who were looking for employment.

I am 67 now, retired.

• Posted

You are right you are past the age for any working related benefit but as I didn't know your age and incapacity benefit being replaced by ESA I presumed you where of working age, also it does get confusing when asked different questions on another's thread, always best to start your own so that answers are specific to your questions.

Is your PIP claim from an ongoing claim??

AA Attendance Allowance is probably the benefit you are referring to as this is for people over 64, different again as this is for people who require care and has no mobility component

• Posted

Yes this is the one. I now remember girl said I would be better off on PIP if I could get it because it has a mobility component and my problems are physical.
    • Posted

So is it the first time you have tried to claim PIP?? Because if it is you will not be eligible as you are past the age to receive PIP like I said, you will be able to try and claim AA but the criteria is also different.

I believe AA is probably more complicated than PIP.

• Posted

I am 67 now will be 68 in November.Yes this is the first time claiming PIP but they count the date as when it started which I think was April 2015.

As I was only 64 at the time they wrote to me and told me DLA was topping and invited me to apply for PIP.

I have filled out form and had face to face.

I assume if I was not eligible at all they would not have given me a face to face appointment.

No Sarah this is the benefit system do not assume anything that makes common sense.!!!!!

Sarah

• Posted

Sarah it's the fact that you were receiving DLA before that allows you to claim PIP now, if this was a new claim you would have had to claim AA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.