No relief from acid reflux tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have posted previously but my situation has developed slightly so I thought it best to start a new one!

A few months ago I started waking up in the early hours of the morning with severe stomach pains, diarrhea, very foul tasting burps and sometimes some nausea/a little vomiting. I went to the Doctors and she said it sounded like I had acid reflux and have me some Mepradec tablets. During the first week of taking these, I found that my symptoms were improved. However, I then found that they started to come back again and so I went back again. The Doctor has now doubled my dose of Mepradec. Again, I found that they were working for the first few days but I have woken up in this morning and it almost seems worse than ever. Has anyone else had a similar experience or perhaps has some ideas for me? This is really starting to get me down now and I'm missing a lot of time off work which I really can't afford to be doing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try teaspoons of Apple cydervinegarfor vinegar the unpasteurised with what they call the mother I'm it buy it on amazon.  2 teaspoons in water 3times a day kills acid reflux dead. You can also download a kindle book for 99pence 

99things to use apple cider vinegar for

• Posted

Perhaps try ginger and lemon tea? I had similar issues and it worked really well for me last year. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I feel sorry for you I'm going through the same just drink water more often ok 😜 x
  • Posted

I had the same was given cimetidine now my stomach has stopped working and got gasterperises (slow delayed stomach emptying . So I would be co corned what pills you take

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.