No relief from amalgam filling removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have read with interest those of you who have had relief from OLP following the removal of amalgam fillings.   I have suffered from OLP for many years.  Some time back after reading an article suggesting that the amalgam could make my symptoms worse, I arranged to have all of mine replaced.   To date I have felt no improvement in the condition whatsoever so perhaps I have just been unlucky. Great to hear that fellow sufferers have some relief.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry it didn't work for you, it certainly has for me; after 20+ years I never thought I'd be free of OLP, but now I am. I'm not an expert, just a patient, but as I mentioned, the scientific papers I have read suggest a limited number of cases are related to amalgam and the best indicator is when the OLP lesions are closely aligned with the amalgam fillings and in my case the alignment was perfect; I had 20+ years of lesions in my cheeks and on the sides of the tongue alongside the fillings, I never once had a lesion anywhere else in my mouth.

• Posted

Yes. I had mine removed and had no improvement. Oddly, I often get it next to one of my gold crowns - maybe this is alloyed with another metal?
    • Posted

my worst spot is also next to a gold crown hmmmm? I have a dental panel allergy test scheduled next month still deciding if i want ti go through with it. My dermatologist says I am having extreme allergic reactions to anything it seems. Had a spot of skin cancer removed and had a huge red inflammation for a couple of days before it called down.
    • Posted

Hi Donna, Do you have any updates after doing the Dental Panel Allergy test?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.