No relief with head sweating :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I've tryed both Oxybutinin (sp?) and also Glycopyrrolate (sp?) with no relief from either. Very disappointed because I was so hopeful that one of these would at least provide a little bit of relief. Summer is just about here and will be dealing with high temps with equally high humidity. Are there ANY other suggestions that have worked for any of you? Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my doctor has put me on a pill called Gabapentin capsules 300mgms take 3 times a day and is working no more sweats 

• Posted

I take a drug called Clonidine to help with my sweats, without them l literally cant move, weaned myself off them a few yars ago because l thought may be its not to bad now....omg...it was like hell on earth .

Sweat running down my face, hair soaked , whole body soaked, bed soaking wet ......so l stay on them now.

Have a look on the drug listing site about how it works etc .

Lady Ami .  

• Posted

Hi Molly!

I'm not sure if you posted this before you posted on the discussion started by Gill???(I can't recall Gill's entire posting name). However, I will just tell you what I posted there. I have tried everything from creams to medications, but I got no relief from my severe head and face Hyperhidrosis. But, I recently read that some dermatologists are having good results with, believe it or not, Botox injections! I read that it's best to find a doctor who has some experience using Botox injections to treat Hyperhidrosis—and specifically in the area where you have the most problems with it.

I wish you the very best luck in finding a treatment that is so successful that you start referring to your excessive sweating a problem that you USED to have!! 😊👍🏼👍🏼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.