No replies?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Is the website losing members? Curious because I've posted several post and so have many other members, yet replies only go to certain post.

Some post are very interesting and general advice is needed. However this not the case and from what I have seen only certain post are answered.

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Right, I get email notifications too. But my type of umbilical hernia is seldom asked about. I can always give people advice, but not sure how benificial it is. cheesygrin If you aren't getting any responses, maybe try rephrasing what you are looking for. I'm not sure if that will help or not. Good luck.
  • Posted

Actually I read most all emails. I only respond to hernias I can relate to. (ones I've  had . . . inguinal, and umbilical ) I don't know anything about hiatal hernias or inscisional hernias. 
  • Posted

Thanks all. I was not relating to my post only but to many of the post in general.
  • Posted

Hi Mark75690

I only reply to questions on conditions which affect me and that of an IPF or Hiatus Hernia - I know knowing about Umbilical Hernias and in general there seems to be questions asked which would be better answered by the patient going to their GP rather than trying to seek answers on here!

Kind regards

Jazztrain

• Posted

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

​Im not relating to my post only, I was browsing the site and was suprised how many people do not even get any replies. Example. Someone will post about acid reflux and not get one reply, however in the same catergory someone will recieve lots of replies about acid reflux. Cant understand why this may be and was curious to see if it was a pecking order on the forum.

• Posted

I guess you would only post a reply if you feel you can help.  I have seen many posting I do not comment becuase I know nothing about it.  I have posted on other forums and never got one reply so I just go and post on another hoping somebody will and many times they have. ;-)
    • Posted

Maybe bad timing. Interesting and I like that you are a thinker.

-Mo

• Posted

hello Mark I reply to the ones that seem pertinent to my own situation if that helps not to hiatus hernias as mine is an incisional hernia and to me does not relate to hiatus hernia therefore I do not feel I can be of any help to those with hiatus hernias

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.