No response. 2nd time posting. Please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i posted this originally in Lymphoma about a week ago and no response. Im really worried and can use some insight/opinions:

Im 33 y/o male. A little background on me...I dont smoke, i drink socially (on occasion), my dad had stomach cancer and my grandma on his side had pancreatic cancer. I also had my tonsils removed at 4 yrs old. Other than im fairly healthy.

Three months ago, i Noticed what felt like a piece of bone sticking out of the left supraclavicular area of my neck from beneath the skin. It is NOT visible on outside of skin you can only palpate it to know its there.

It feels hard like a piece of bone, about the size of my pinky finger tip. It does not hurt but if i keep palpating/messing around with it (due to being paranoid about it) then i will eventually feel a dull tender ache (not exactly "painful"wink. I dont know how long its been there but i just happen to feel in that area 3 months ago and noticed it.

Last month i saw my primary doc who said its nothing to be concerned about its just a lymph node. She ordered an ultrasound (NON-stat). The ultrasound tech looked at both sides of my neck including thyroid and said all looked fine, even the lymph node in question.

I followed up with my primary doc who read the results which came back as a benign lymph node with a fatty hilum and its not swollen. She referred me to the ENT doc to see if there was possibly an infection in the area causing it.

The ENT examined my ears nose and throat, he also palpated and examined both sides of my neck. He said i shouldnt worry about it, hes not concerned, he said theres nothing else he can tell me other than to keep an eye on it for 6 months to a year and get another ultrasound if its still there. He said it does not fit any of the criteria to be malignant.

Im not in any discomfort but its just that im worried. Whenever i turn my head the opposite direction i can sometimes feel it there without touching it, like a "fullness" type of feeling.

Any advice? Any thoughts on what could be causing this? My doc said it could be a number of different things but none of them cancerous in my case.

The only thing i can think of (and forgive me if this sounds stupid) is ongoing stress...?? For instance, in the past year, its been back to back stress... My wife and i had to pay a lawyer $4k to win this case we were fighting, it took most of the year to win it but i had to pay him with a credit card that im still paying off. Then right after that is when my father died. Then a week after that my wife lost her job over some BS and ive been trying to help her find another one for 3 months now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Relax. You have had all the necessary tests done and they've all come back clear. Swollen nodes tend to go away on their own but it takes time. If the doctors thought it was suspicious they would have requested a biopsy or further tests like an MRI.

• Posted

Thanks but is it normal that it's "hard" and still there after "3 months"? Because I read when supraclavicular lymph nodes are hard, that's not good.

Sometimes, depending on how I position my head/neck or how I'm lying down, I can feel it there without touching it. Almost like someone opened that side of my neck, put a rock in there, and covered it back up. But when I look in the mirror, I see *nothing* on the surface of the skin, nothing sticking out.

But like someone else here mentioned, I have no other symptoms (i.e. no fatigue, nausea, etc) other than the "presence" of this node.

• Posted

I agree with leeniepie, if you have had the tests done and they are all clear then you should be pretty fine.  

Try to focus on other things and put this to the back of your mind unless it grows or you start with other symptoms.  

• Posted

Your doctora are probly right

I mean they know what to look for if it was cancerous

It is just a lymph node.

Try to eat healthy, lots of fresh juices

like orange, apple, carrot

you should be fine

• Posted

your right it could be something

lymph nodes carry toxins

before they turn into cancer

Im just trying to help you clear away the toxins

supplements also can help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.