No sex drive for 4 years!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone 

Just joined tonight!!

Had a pretty tough last four years ,got divorced and basically lost my family barely see my kids ,and have struggled to keep a roof over my head ,working 50+ hours a week to pay the bills and child maintenance etc

But the thing that bothers me the most at the moment is my lack of libido it’s on the floor got zero interest in sex or even being in a relationship I couldn’t really care less about anything,like I’ve really got no purpose in life any more my sexuality has gone where as before all the divorce and stuff I always had a high sex drive and sex was important to me,the libido has always stayed at zero never improved in the last four years it’s very concerning and worrying 

Is this a side effect of depression?

Has any other guys had this problem?

I’d love to hear any ones feedback 

Regards 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This is usually a problem when you take anti depressants. You should see a doctor. Have you had no sex in four years?
    • Posted

I’ve taken antidepressants on and off for four years ,but the side effect I found there was the inability to orgasim 

I have had sex in the last four years but it’s been a disaster,when you have to force it it’s not fun

I’ve had my testosterone checked and it all came back normal,I’m just wandering if your depressed does that shut down your libido?

• Posted

Justin

Try and get the confidence to see your GP. Make a double appointment and make a list of what constitutes your sexual problems. This type of problem is not unusual especially if you have gone through some mental trauma.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Justin,

Different antidepressants have different effects... from loss of erections to difficulty ejaculating.   Is it only sex with a partner, or also by yourself?  Could be a distinction.  Your doctor can help, so don't hesitate to ask about a different Rx or dosage.  

Have no fear... help is available.

• Posted

Hi Justin - yes a lowered or absent sex drive can very well be caused by depression
    • Posted

Hi Wayne 

It just frightens me that it’s gone on for so long ,makes me think this is my life forever now ,I’ve tried so many things to get better and feel better from diet and exercise ,medication,hypnotherapy,currently having cbt ,nothing seems to be working,to be honest I don’t wanna live like this for the next 30 years. 

• Posted

Justin, I know it is disconcerting, but don't let the fear turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I've been there.  Get different meds, adjust the dosage, find a partner who just won't give up.  It's there for you, I promise!

• Posted

Justin

Some medications not associated with Depression can be a problem, especially if it is to do with the prostate.

I do not know how old you are all I can say is that you have words with your GP

BOB

• Posted

HI

I’m 40 ,not taken any prostate medication,but when I’ve looked up this problem it does often point to prostate medication sounds like that can really cause havoc with your endocrine system,and I have considered the possibility that I’ve somehow ingested this medication without my knowledge,my ex wife was a nurse so did have access to lots of different medication and maybe put it in my food knowing what problems it would cause me after she left

But I can’t imagine someone could be that evil but who knows

But it is a theory I have considered or does that just sound too crazy ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.