No Skin Flare Up but Pain remains.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Although my skin is 90% clear through a strict diet and natural supplements I am taking, the joint pain has not left. I don't know if the skin flare ups are related to the joint pain ? It was my idea that the skin and pain were related ? For the moment, Advil or Motrin has helped along with topical creams and compression gloves. I have days where I feel good and have hope but days like today where I start to feel drained and want to give up all the efforts I am making.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing everything that is recomended. What kind of Psoriasis do you have pustular , plaque, inverse Erythrodermic.or gutte.

if you joints are painful psoriatic arthritis is linked to Psoriasis on the hands. It's important to see a rheumatologist asap to try MTX or other meds to stop the bone damage. This is an immune disease and can take a toll on energy levels. I make my own protein shakes and eat a clean diet. Help some.

There are a lot of medications now to treat PA. 

I have both PSA  and p in my hands too!

hope to hear from you soon.

Hope 👍xxx

• Posted

Plaque Psoriasis is what I have. I was not aware there were other types.
    • Posted

Besides plaque there pustule, guttae, inverse , pustular .

I have plaque and pustule with P sA in hands.

what treatments have you tried for plaque?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.