no sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Havent slept yet the past few days Ive been sleeping at 5am and waking up 11am but it's getting worse I havent slept at all and its 6am i spent most the night on this forum. Probably the only thing thats worse than not sleeping is, not sleeping and feeling completely normal as if it were the middle of the day, feel so confused. I havent been eating at all i eat once a day and I force it down since i need to atleast eat. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Having a bad time myself at the moment but I'm able to eat light things like soup yogurts etc keep trying x
    • Posted

Ill try to eat something light just to make sure i get some kind of food thanks, hope you feel alright stay strong and so will I.
  • Posted

Oh don't I know this feeling. It was back in 2006 when this happened to me. The funny thing was, I didn't feel all that tired for not sleeping and I also only ate small amounts. I don't know what it is, my doctor called it insomnia.

maybe have to go to the doctor but try and avoid medication if you can.

maybe ride it out for awhile..????best of luck...keep posting

• Posted

Makes me feel better that im not alone and I will be going to the doctors today. I do want to avoid medication but if my doctor says i should than I guess i will but he prefers me not going on them kind of meds. And yea I go looked it up and it's probably insomnia. Will most likely keep posting if anything happens.

Thanks.

• Posted

Anxiety keeps you going through lack of sleep which is difficult. Please try I eat, even just fruit, yoghurt, dry toast. Anything you can manage. Have naps when you can and worry about getting back into a routine when you start feeling better. Are your family supportive? Make sure you talk to all te people who love you and get taken care of.
    • Posted

Yea I try not to go without eating something, and yea my family's supportive, going doctors soon, hopefully I can fix my sleeping routine but I was never a person that slept early which isn't good. This no sleep thing has happened to me before but only once and this time is worse but I can manage, happens when im way to worried.

Thanks

• Posted

Yes I agree it happens when I'm worried or upset about something. I was always a nite owl and I had to adjust a few things like

set a bed time routine

no hanging out in bed unless your ready to sleep

no stimulants like coffee 

do not try and force yourself to sleep and if you can't don't toss and turn get up.

i think the reason they say these things is because you don't want to give your bed a bad name, or a bad thought.

they said set an alarm and get up at the same time even weekends and also once you settle...not now but no naps or day sleeping.

i don't do day time naps now ever but I must admit if I can sleep in a little on the weekends I do and sleeping in for me now is around 730am.

the doctor may just put you on a pill and the reason I say be careful is that everything taken for sleeping has an addictive possibility and you end up worse than the original problem.

tylenol pm suited me for years and I didn't get addicted, but had to drop it do to a bladder problem it caused.

• Posted

Melatonin has worked wonders for so many people with very few side effects. You might want to try some if you haven't already.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice people are really supportive on this and its amazing.

Thanks

• Posted

Stress and anxiety are linked when your stressed your body doesn't want to eat rose is right force food if you have to smile 
  • Posted

Hi there. I'm new but just wanted to say I'm in your boat, I've suffered with my anxiety for a long time but only recognized just how bad it is about a year ago. I'm probably the worst i have ever been. I take Avanza 2x 30mg at night and it helps with sleep and appetites but if I don't have it it's very hard to sleep. I game a lot to ease my anxiety. I'm hoping to get treated properly as I'm worried for my own self. Wish u the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.