No sleep at all tonight - please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I did not sleep a wink tonight.  My doctor thinks it is anxiety related.  She wants to give me anti depressants I am not anxious!  My life is great right now except for the fact that I cannot sleep at all.  Not even tired.  Trying to convince my dictor that I need a sleep study.  Any thoughts, ideas?  I tried melatonin (doctor’s advice) and it gave me 3 hours of sleep (9-12).    Anyone ever experience this.  I am desperate!!  Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have anxiety about not being able to sleep.    It’s not a problem at all during the day when my heart rate is 56 even dealing with quite a potentially stressful job.  I’ve had antidepressants over the years but they are for general anxiety and don’t do anything when my heart pounds immediately my head hits the pillow. A bit like Pavlovs dog.  I’ve stopped the antidepressants and me for No increase in anxiety day or night. Currently I’m taking Amitriptyline 20 mg which is helping me feel drowsy but am going back to doc this week to see what else might help.  Cbt did nothing for me.  I see a natural healer and that is helping.  I retire in March and am sleeping better so I think the stress of the workplace does affect my sleep. 

I take daily a good b, c, d vitamin and magnesium before I go to sleep.  magnesium spray good to relax before going to sleep.   

• Posted

Magnesium citrate tablet 73 mg.  I get from metabolic. Also magnesium spray with lavender from better you 100ml
  • Posted

The good thing is you are aware of the consequences of using antidepressants.
    • Posted

Yes.  I am yet I need to find some way to sleep. I am desperate, 
    • Posted

Stake 300 ml lukewarm buffalo milk ,mix well half spoon turmeric powder and drink one hour before bed,it works every day for me.do it exactly how I said 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.