No spleen no problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

lost my spleen in a car accident (on a drift track, before you judge) . crashed at the speed of 140mph in a 1200hp toyota supra. anyway i had to have a plate in my wrist, radial head replacement implant, fractured 3 ribs, fractured 4 spinal processes, and i lost my spleen

before doctors found out my spleen was in shreds, i lost 2/3 of my blood.

after recovery doctors me that ill never be able to have a full time.job, wont be able to do anything physical. told me i have to take 2 tablets a day for rest of my life.

i didnt listen to them. 3 years on i am a roofer. with 2years experience, started my own company. thats only because i told.my self i can do it. told my self that i didnt survive this accident to be a lesser version of my self. i believed in my self. self belief and how you see and how you interpret everything in this dark times can change your whole life.

the only thing that stops and limits you is yourself. dont believe what people tell you, especially people who get paid to tell ypu about your health. tell yourself you can achieve whatever you want, and if you really want it and believe you can achieve it nothing will stop you

dont ever fear yourself, or doubt your self,

pictures of recovery etc upon request.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake .... I have survived my splenectomy over 50 years ago and been in full time employment all through my working life, done everything I have wanted to do.

As you say the only limitation is what you believe you can do or don't believe you can do. Go for it folks!

Gloria

• Edited

thanks Jake for all the positive thoughts! I just lost my spleen seven days ago due to a bicycle accident although it was not going as fast as you were in your car, still I lost my spleen. All I read on the Internet is mostly negative. but I have been a crossed a few positive ones of athletes that are still in sports without a spleen. Thanks once again for giving hope! i am 68 years old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.