No std or uti but got the burning when urinate someone help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 15 year old girl and I suffer badly with uti's, I basicly live in the bath because it's the only place I feel is comfortable and takes a small amount of the pain away for a few minuets, I've suffered with this for nearly a year and half, I've been to a gyny and got dismissed I'm with uroligist but they can't find anything I just want my normal life back and be able to be a 15 year old girl again please someone help me!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bethany,

Sorry to hear of your suffering. I am suffering quite a lot with this myself. Is the uncomfortable burning in your urethra, or your bladder? It can help to make the urine more alkaline in my case. I take a half teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (used for cooking), and find this helps a little.

• Posted

I don't really know where I would say it's my uthrea because it hurts when I'm passing thanks x
    • Posted

It must be your urethra (tube where the urine passes through and out of your body). If you go to your GP, they should be able to give you some medication like oxybutynin to relax your urethral spasms, then you will have more quality of life. I feel very sorry for you though, it is a terrible thing. Good luck!
  • Posted

what helps me when I have the burning pain is A pill called Pyridium (phenazopyriidine) It STARTS TO WORK  well about an hour or more AFTER TAKING IT . It turns your urine a bright orange and lasts approx 24 hours depending on the dose you take. TAKE IT  WITH FOOD AND PLENTY OF WATER  . The only problem is that it can mask your symptoms AND YOU MIGHT NEED TO GO ON TO AN ANTIBIOTIC so not good to take for a long time. PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IT.
    • Posted

Hi Evelyn,

Would that pill you are referring to have another name called azo? Sounds like it could be helpful for us though. I have found the COB UK foundation charity very helpful. I have to self catheterise and sadly am always getting UTIs. I am allergic to most oral antibiotics, so it's really quite concerning now. I also have a condition called interstitial cystitis, which is terrible to live with. Thanks for your help. X

• Posted

Hiya yeah i hadn't tried any of them things but I'll speak to my doctor about it Thankyou x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.