No symptoms on orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on orlistat for a couple of days now but not had any symptoms, am I not eating enough fat?? Will it still work?? Xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

That's not very helpful
  • Posted

I have been on them 3 days now thankfully no bad side effects:-) the bad side effects involving the toilet only happen if you eat too much fat, so not eating too much fat is a good thing :-)
  • Posted

It is Actually Sue. I went on this rubbish and when I found I had gallstones, I asked the doctor if the lack of fat in my diet due to this stuff was a factor and she said it was.

To lose weight you have to watch what you eat and how much compared to how much you exercise. If I had listened to this basic advice I would never have needed up like I have!! I don;t want to see anyone else fall into this trap.

No, not eating enough fat is a bad thing!!!

Doctors give out drugs to people for financial gain. Source a good food regime and stick to it. your gallbladder needs 15 grams of the right fat ( not the crap you get with burgers but the good stuff with avocados etc)EVERY meal to function properly. If these tablets make you shit out the fat you are not getting enough therefore your gallbladder gets sluggish and you end up with bile sludge! Then gallstones.

People come on here to share knowledge and experiences - we are not affiliated to doctors and have no financial gain. Take it from me . Those fat reducing pills give you a false sense of well being and you end up eating crap as you know you will pass it out. You are just lining yourself up for future problems.

Get onto a good food regime and stick to it . Plenty of vegetables, a little meat and some carbs - forget pasta and rice. And FIBRE|!! Your gastrointestinal tract will thank you for it!!

• Posted

Orlistat and the other one, I can;' remember the name is a fast track to weight loss under false hopes as it doesn't teach you about a proper diet - you think you can eat anything you like but you can't. Get rid of the pills and research online for a proper meal plan.

The right fats for you are avocado oil, a few nuts, flaxseed oil (eat cold, never hot so do not fry in it.) Sardines and oily fish. These are packed with the right kind of nutrients and clean your system out. If you eat these on Orlistat etc you a r eroding your body of vital nutrients.

And don't eat fried foods because you think you can as you can't stay on the pills forever.

• Posted

Look up Sherry Bresca - she is nutritionist.
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice, I already had gallstones and have had gall bladder removed 10 years ago.
  • Posted

In that case, Sue, your liver will be pumping out bile to process the fat you eat so eat some fat but make it the good stuff.

Please think carefully about taking these fat pills.

• Posted

Hi, ive been taking Orlistat now for 2 weeks. The main reason i asked the GP for it was just to help me stick to a healthy eating plan. Reading the side affects i thought they would encourage me not to eat the wrong things and i must say they have. I don't have a lot of fat in my diet i try really hard to buy fat free things and i was weighed last week and i had lost 3lbs. I am also doing a lot of exercise so hoping in turning some of that fat into muscle. Its not a miracle working and ive found it hard to find any dietary plan out there for people taking Orlistat but i feel and find i am managing and touch wood up till now the only bad thing ive suffered with is constipation. To answer your question and im no expert with having only been on them 2 weeks and only having 1 way in but im not eating that much fat and ive still lost.
  • Posted

Well, your gut is telling you that something is not right by way of constipation. This tells me that you are not drinking enough after to compensate. Your body NEEDS certain fats to function properly and the more water and fibre you ingest, the more weight you will lose. You should eat lots of leafy green vegetables, a little meat and a little carbs.

You can buy a 'diet plate' which has printed on it a pie chart , how appropriate, lol, of the way you should set your meal out.

• Posted

I have been taking orlistat now for about 5 months and have lost nearly 2 stone, so they really are working for me! I feel better look better and have so much more confidence in myself. As long as I am taking that little

Blue pill I am not eating fatty foods, as I am so scared of the dreaded side effects!! I understand I can't take

Them for ever and my GP has recommended a year, but at least it will get me where I want to be and teach me to eat a healthy diet. 😊

• Posted

Well done Donna, ive been dieting since middle of January and had lost a stone before i started taking Orlistat 2 weeks ago. I have to agree with you i am so scared of the side affects its keeping me on the straight and narrow and not once have i been tempted to cheat. I honestly think everyone is different but in sure with the right support and encouragement we will all get there.

Apart from really constipated now and again i feel fantastic, i work nights and don't get to sleep the next day as in either back at work or looking after my little one and since starting to eat healthy i don't feel as tired i have more confidence and those old clothes that used to be to tight are now too big 😊

• Posted

any kind of diet pills are not responsible for the weight loss. so, starting with true workout will give you more results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.