No uti !!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having uti symptoms since September. I've had 3 actual infections since September and once the infection has gone I still have stinging when I pee especially if I don't drink a lot of fluids.

I've been to the doctors several times, they sent me to the urologist who put me on a month's worth of antibiotics which didn't work so I went back to the doctors and they sent yet another water sample off to grow (I feel like I'm being fobbed off because my urine has been sent off 6 times now and always comes back clear) I had an infection 2 weeks ago and was given a 3 day course of antibiotics which didn't clear the infection. I was also prescribed 90 days of the same antibiotics that the urologist gave me. The doctor told me at the end of the 90 days of I still have the symptoms they will refer me back to the urologist!

I'm so stressed. They're making me feel like I'm just making it up and fobbing me off with antibiotics that clearly aren't working.

I'm thinking of going back to the doctors and getting swabbed to see if I have bacterial vaginosis.

Had anyone had similar experiences to this? I'm so down and feel like sh!t because it's gone in for so long now!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever heard of "interstitial cystitis" (a more common name is "painful bladder syndrome")?  Read about it and question your doctor about your symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi there, it sounds as though you've been through the mill sad  You would notice quite strong indictations as to whether you have bacterial vaginosis or not and if you suspect that you do have that you can buy stuff online to treat it.  You have also been on a lot of antibiotics which messes up the good bacteria in your body (the stuff that supports your immune system) so my first course of action would be to get started on a very good quality probiotic. You can get probiotics for women, but really any good 'mix' would help. 

I went through a fairly early menopause in my mid-40's and for the first time in my life I had one UTI after another and I was miserable with it.  I chose not to go down the urologist route and looked into self-help therapies instead.  I am not allowed to say anything about it on here or it won't be posted! But I will say that I have not had a UTI for 2 years.  I still have days when it stings or burns a bit but I just drink a bit more (water!) and have accepted that it is probably due to hormonal changes as I am otherwise fit and well.

You should read the posts about d-mannose powder which lots of people find helpful too.

Take care smile

• Posted

Thanks both for your replies.

I've read about I.C I've also read about B.V and without going into too much in for there might be a possibility of either!

This all started after the birth of my daughter , she was my third c section and I was also sterilised while I was having her. I'm 30 this year.

I think I'll go back and see a different doctor because I've been seeing the same male doctor.

What a nightmare!

• Posted

Get some D-Mannose powder. I doubt you'll find a shop that stocks it but you can buy it online easily.  I take it every day now as routine. It's brilliant I couldn't believe how well it works

Val x

• Posted

Why cant you buy it over the counter?

I've read some amazing reviews about it 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.